You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo stops responding (was Mr)

Affinity Photo keeps freezing (not responding) several times in the past week. Can't remember at what stage but today it was using Refine. The only way is to open the Task Manager (Windows) and select end task. AF maxes out the CPU for goodness sake. 

Affinity Photo  2.3 / Publisher 2.3 / Designer 2.3

Affinity Photo Beta 2.3.032165 / Publisher Beta 2.3.0.2165 / Designer Beta 2.3.0.2165

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core / RAM 32GB / Windows 10 Pro version 21H2

• Staff
On 11/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, Malcolm54 said:

Whats happening ? Affinity photo stops responding when trying to opening files, also stops when saving or exporting.  Great program to use but utterly frustrating when this happens.

Hi @Malcolm54 and Welcome to the Forums,

Has Affinity always done this?  Where are you opening file from, saving and exporting files to, is it local or a network/cloud drive?

On 11/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, RichZep said:

Affinity Photo keeps freezing (not responding) several times in the past week. Can't remember at what stage but today it was using Refine. The only way is to open the Task Manager (Windows) and select end task. AF maxes out the CPU for goodness sake. 

Can you try starting Affinity with the Control key held down and you'll get a popup about resetting some settings, 3 options will be selected and you can click on Clear.  Affinity should then open as normal, if you can then try using the refine option again and let me know the results.

Thank you @stokerg Seems to be OK now. 

I was hoping that this would speed up the 'develop' from the Develop Persona to the Photo Persona but to no avail. It takes just under a minute every time. I have a presentation to the camera club I belong to for Affinity Photo which was fine until I got to the develop part. So embarrassing, standing there telling members how good AP is and wait for something to happen. 

Affinity Photo  2.3 / Publisher 2.3 / Designer 2.3

Affinity Photo Beta 2.3.032165 / Publisher Beta 2.3.0.2165 / Designer Beta 2.3.0.2165

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core / RAM 32GB / Windows 10 Pro version 21H2