You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Much Space Does Affinity Designer Use on iPad?

@locomoco

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Since your question refers to the iPad version of Designer, and this is the forum area for Feedback on the Desktop version I think you should post to the forum for Affinity iPad questions.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

14 hours ago, locomoco said:

Do I need to buy the 128 GB or would 32 GB suffice for the program and a few files here and there?

My rather old iPad Pro has only 32 GB of memory and APh and AD are working very well. I do not know the actual size of their installation. But I assume some videos take up more space 😉

You might come to limits with a lot of Affintity created files after a while. But with a little planing and moving files to your desktop you can get around this.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

@locomoco Affinity Designer on iPad takes up around 1.6GB of storage, see the App Store page for more information. There is an option in the apps Preferences to set where to save files by default, this can be local (iPad storage) or iCloud. So if the iPad is connected to the internet it will upload the files to iCloud to reduce local storage being used. This is only when you choose to save the files, while working on open documents these will be saved internally within the app and use the iPads storage.

You may want to look at the different models of iPad available as you have different storage amounts available 32GB, 64GB, 128GB etc. but some also have more "memory" RAM than others, usually the Pro models.