You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bookmark sublists under many conditions export out of order. (1.9.0.857)

https://youtu.be/_q2xyPGAtiI?t=96

Bookmark sublists under many conditions export out of order.

I created a list of examples of where things work and where they don’t. These are PDF files. Here is a code a came up with as I found more and more variations affecting behavior. All PDF files were made from new documents in Publisher. I never reused or deleted info on a single document.

On a Mac, green = tag “Yes” where export is ok.  Orange = tag “No” where export is out of order.

Cl = Changing Letter

Cn = Changing Number

L1 = one letter

L2 = two letters

+ = separate groups groups of letters or numbers

A> = all lowercase

RL = random letters

For example:  L4 A> + Cn  =  Four letters in lower case, space, changing number like camp 1

The PDFs show the order of of text and bookmarks in the file. The bookmarks show how the bookmarks exported.

Some observations:

A letter, space, and number export fine. A letter next to a number does not or

A # exports fine A# does not.

A# does not export but put a word in all caps before and “WORD A#” exports. However

a three letter word beginning with a capital letter does not…   “Word A#” does not export. However

an eight letter word beginning with a capital letter does export… “Bookmark A#” exports without error…..Oh boy, just discovered “Wordword A#”

AB# exports but ab# does not. So capital letters definitely change things.

You may find it helpful to search documents ending in examples with a letter and changing number. For example search the folder for “L1-Cn”.

Beta Samples.zip

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.