You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac request: Keep Publisher Window On Top

I hate to request an enhancement right after a new beta release, purely coincidental pls excuse me. 

- - -

Unique to the Mac is 'Seperated Window Mode', and this is an amazing experience no need to argue why, however there also needs to be a 'Keep Windows On Top mode' (also known as Float mode)

As a long time Mac user and early user of Affinity products (pls a little tangent), I have always been aware of seperated mode, but I never really paid much attention to why I never really used it as often as I had wished, and the reason is simple: With Designer, or Photos, the average amount of interaction to the file system is much lower than it would be with an app like Publisher. That is why I never really felt encouraged or discouraged to use Seperated Mode, until now that is. With constant access to your computer's files at various stages of a Publisher project, the Seperated mode loses its benefit when most of the UI disappears while constantly switching with Finder. 

If you can please consider adding this simple and truly useful option in the Window menu, it would be appreciated -- thanks so much.

-- I think this screenshot helps describe what i'm referring to:

With seperated mode, you can have a setup like this, where you can easily work with the file system and the project, without losing all the UI (a jarring experience) when switching to Finder.

seperated_mode.png

I would restart your files one at a time, and see were the problem is, granted I have not been on a Mac in a really long time, doing the easy stuff first. 

1. Close all the files you have open.

2. Exit all the files.

3. Power down and go do something else for at least 90 minutes.

4.Restart your task with a clear objective, and noticing any stray files that pop up when you open up one file is better than starting to panic.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.