You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

product key

Hi there,

I purchased Affinity Designer by Serif months ago, and now I would like to install it on another PC. Unfortunately, there is no product key under my Affinity account. I can see only when I bought it and the order number.

Could you help me in getting it?

Thanks

On 11/27/2020 at 4:54 PM, BarbaraDM said:

Could you help me in getting it?

Your product key should be visible in the licence XML file on the PC where the product is currently installed. You can view the contents of the file in any text editor.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi Barbara,

It is myself who has been attempting to email you, and I am unsure why it may not be reaching you. I have been replying to the email that you sent to us so it is certainly the correct address.

I have searched our customer database using your email address and also your full name and the only order I have been able to locate is the free Affinity Designer trial you downloaded back in June.

Given that the trial was the MacOS version, do you think it might be possible that you bought the app from the App Store?

If your Affinity app purchase was made through the Mac App Store it is tied to your Apple ID, and will also not require a Product Key. If you need to install it again, run the Mac App Store ensuring that you are signed in with the same account/credentials used to complete the purchase and the button which usually says "Buy" should instead say "Install", click on it to begin the installation of the program.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

I have a similar problem. I have the proof I just purchased the affinity designer software (charged in the credit card), but I did not receive any type of email confirmation whatsoever, so there is no cd-key.

Why is this happening?. I need a refund in case your company screw the payment process

1 hour ago, edujosecueto said:

I have a similar problem. I have the proof I just purchased the affinity designer software (charged in the credit card), but I did not receive any type of email confirmation whatsoever, so there is no cd-key.

Why is this happening?. I need a refund in case your company screw the payment process

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. If you purchased directly from Serif then most likely your order did not complete successfully, and your card has not really been charged, though the funds might be held for a few days. For some reason there are a number of customers who have experienced that issue, from what I've read here. I'm sure Serif is working on that :)

If that is the case, then it is best to email Serif at affinity@serif.com to work this out, I think.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. If you purchased directly from Serif then most likely your order did not complete successfully, and your card has not really been charged, though the funds might be held for a few days. For some reason there are a number of customers who have experienced that issue, from what I've read here. I'm sure Serif is working on that :)

If that is the case, then it is best to email Serif at affinity@serif.com to work this out, I think.

Thank you for your reply. I've already contacted them. 

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1