You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Ă—

I have created a journal using text autoflow within a two-page master. The first file I did was fine. But the second one will not export to PDF without crashing at around 3% and dropping out of Publisher. It has 121 pages, and the autoflow runs over a two page 'week' for the diary.

There are also other text autoflows for the months and dates throughout the document, but not within the masters. There are no graphics other than on the first page, and it is all in black and white (not that that should make any difference).

Any ideas on how to fix this would be gratefully received? 🙂

Jayne Willingale

Hi, what version of APu are you using? On which OS? Are crash reports generated? Is the crash happening with every PDF preset? Could you upload the afpub file here (if not ask a moderator for a private upload link)?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Version 1.8.5.703 - I think that is the latest, but it was happening before I updated as well.

Windows 10

No crash reports that I can see.

Apologies for not trying all the presets before I asked the question. I have now been through them all and the only ones it will work with are the last three - PDF/X...

As I am not too sure about the differences - other than the obvious with the Digital small, print ready etc., what does this tell me exactly please? 

I want to be able to give the file away, so need to be sure that others can open it with standard PDF readers.

Thanks.

Weekly Calendar-6x9-FREE.afpub

The good news: The file exported for me just fine. The bad news: I do not have the fonts installed used in the document. This would mean to me: One of the fonts is to blame for crashing APu. You can debug yourself by replacing Amerta Misty, Angelica, MS Shell Dig 2 and Oswald one after the other. After every font replacement try to export again.

Whether the font is completely replaced you will see at menu "Document" >> "Font Manager".

As I am not too sure about the differences - other than the obvious with the Digital small, print ready etc., what does this tell me exactly please?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/X

Of course you can export as PDF/X and it should open in PDF readers without a problem. But it would be better to know where the problem is to avoid it.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

And there are only three fonts used in the file - Amerta Misty (one line on the front page). Arial Narrow and Oswald. All of which I use regularly with other files and without problems. Not sure where the other two have come from? I will do a search for those just in case.

9 minutes ago, Sylverzone said:

Not sure where the other two have come from? I will do a search for those just in case.

I had a situation where there were two fonts in a document but a third was listed, turned out to be a single paragraph return. In my case it was probably imported with copy paste and missed with applying Paragraph styles.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.