Jump to content

How to replace multiple layers at once in "Affinity Photo" ?


Recommended Posts

Is there a way to replace multiple selected layers at once?

I've several "image" layers that include the same content. There is a button called "Replace image" to replace one single image based layer.

But is there a way to replace multiple selected layers with new content at once, too?

Thank you
Chris

Edited by Christoph Werner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Christoph Werner said:

But is there a way to replace multiple selected layers with new content at once, too?

If the images are inside a picture frame you can select the picture frames and hit the Replace button. If the images are not in a picture frame you can only replace them one by one or (if the the images are linked) rename the old image and give the new image the filename the old one had before.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

If the images are inside a picture frame you can select the picture frames and hit the Replace button. If the images are not in a picture frame you can only replace them one by one or (if the the images are linked) rename the old image and give the new image the filename the old one had before.

I forgot to mention I mean how to do this in Affinity Photo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Afaik what you want is not possible in AP.

Not much I am knowing I fear. :(

9 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Select all image layers.
Select fill/gradienttool(G)
From type dropdown choose bitmap>go to folder and choose the replacement bitmap

Nice one! 👍

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Select all image layers.
Select fill/gradienttool(G)
From type dropdown choose bitmap>go to folder and choose the replacement bitmap

What?! Sounds crazy, but works.
Never thought I can do this with the gradient tool (I come from Photoshop).

Thank you a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.