You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Genius Challenge

Smee Again

Been enjoying this friendly group since about the time the lockdown started last spring. The Facebook group is directed by Paul and it is designed to help you get familiar with different types of photography. From simple black and white to abstract images, portraits, macros, etc. Fun group to participate in -- and has helped me to become more comfortable with different types of photography.

This month's challenge was "product photography" and I decided to have a bit of fun with it as Paul encouraged the use of photoshop to create the image as a product ad.

The first image is a macro of some marigolds as the product of a florist. Used focus stacking in Affinity Photo to get a good focus on the flowers, and Affinity Designer for the text and logo.

The second image involved several images taken with a hand held speedlight. I was having fun remembering the 1970's, so I included wording (copy) taken directly from a 1970's ad they actually ran. Edited the images & added the text in Affinity Photo.

boxer.jpg

brut.jpg

Wow! is Brut still going :o

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Wow! is Brut still going :o

Yes, and it is my wife's favorite for me to wear since Iron was discontinued. I think it's nostalgia more than anything. BTW, this bottle was a recent purchase.

More amazing is how long Old Spice has been going, but my wife doesn't like the smell.

This was a project and I decided to use what was lying around the house.

Next up, the most important supply during a pandemic: Toilet paper!

17 hours ago, Smee Again said:

Next up, the most important supply during a pandemic: Toilet paper!

lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

6 hours ago, Murfee said:

I have just seen a TV advert for it 😂

"Splash it all over"

OK, live in the town that produces several brands of Toilet Paper, but we are usually the first to run out during a surge in TP Purchases.

Don't want to use any of their logos, but to me the word "angled"  is close enough and gives a sense of "rigidity" that everyone loves in their lives. Besides, Georgia Pacific -- owned by the Koch brothers -- is the world's larges producer of this precious commodity, thus having the "angle" needed to continue to grow wealthy.

What makes me chuckle the most about the TP shortage is . . . the same people who are hoarding are the ones who complain about the Koch brothers, all the while they are shoveling as much money as they can into the Koch brothers' pockets by buying their product in such great quantities that they are depriving others of having "necessities of life".

AngleSoftAd.jpg