You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi my name is Michael and I'm a recovering Corel Graphics Suite user. Thank you Affinity for helping me realize that it wasn't just the familiarity and utter disdain for all things Adobe that was keeping me from my progress.

So, I saw on here alot of folks are using the Deco 03 tablet. I not only  purchased for the obvious financial and feature advantage but also because when browsing the forums here pre-purchase I saw a quite a few recommendations for the Deco 03. So to congratulate myself on the purchase of AP and AD, I grabbed a new pad as well.

First off, I was curious if anyone would be willing to share their XP-Pen Deco 03 button configs for AD/AP (Win) so as to see how others work. I pretty much know what I want to do,  but this tablet has more buttons and 'macro' functions than I previously had available and I'd like to see others config for ideas where applicable.

This brings me to my second question and this is a bit off topic, but xp-pen's manual (physical) is out of date in regards to key setup, and in the online manual, while the version number seems closer, the GUI looks nothing like what is provided. This I can get past as the English is at least plain on the downloaded setup GUI. However, while I can set the buttons/keys as I would think logical the configuration is never actually saved and is reverted. I know this is not an XP-Pen support site, but neither is theirs really so...being unable to find the actual link to the live help which is hinted at across the support section but does not, as far as I can tell, truly exist I came here.

Namaste and Happy Thanksliving

-mk

• Staff

I do not have a Deco 03 but I do have an Artist 12 Pro and I have my shortcut buttons set up for switch between m commonly used tools and the dial wheel to adjust the brush size.

As for the UI looking different from the manual please check the driver that you have installed as there is a beta version that has a new UI that is different to the one in the manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, I grabbed the beta. I've found it best to just map through Affinity itself and leave the scrolly menu (zoom/scroll/rotate/brush size) default. Ideally I'd just map ALT, SHIFT, and CTRL through the pen's setup so I can use those in Windows as well.

thanks!