You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I got my Wacom Intuos BT M graphics tablet, I was led to believe that it would be fully compatible with Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. However, I am very disappointed that Serif did not take advantage of the ability for their design software to use Application Defined settings for the Wacom graphic tablets (Ahem, I hear your competitor's Adobe software uses this to make set-up a breeze). As a new user and beginner graphical designer, I expected not to have to manually define all of the pen controls and other buttons to specific functions within your apps. Please either provide an in-depth tutorial on how to set up the most common graphics tablet controls for tools and brushes within your design software or create a profile for Application Defined settings that will do the same!! Thank you for your time and consideration from a multi-media artist and musician. 

I am not familiar with the 'BT M graphics tablet'. I use the Intuos Pro L and the various controls work pretty well out of the box. I do set up some controls myself.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello Old Bruce. The Intuos BT M graphics tablet is just a smaller version of their pro model without some of the features. See attached image below. The BT means it is Bluetooth enabled and the M refers to size medium. I actually discovered that I had the brush and pen controller mode set to none in the affinity apps. After I switched that to automatic, the pen pressure works great for changing the size and stroke for the brush and pen tools, I believe. However, I would still appreciate a tutorial on how to customize some of the more common functions to the tablet so that I don't have to constantly switch between the keyboard, trackpad, and graphics tablet.

ctl-6100wlk-0_main__1.jpg.3b5b74d5ab13d8b02a0bb1ccbf11d735.jpg

I guess you have 5 buttons on the tablet and are there any on the pen? What sort of controls are you looking for? A lot of the things can be set in Affinity's Preferences or in Wacom's Preferences.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.