You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Affinity support other languages?

1-  I cant write Arabic in a correct form (from Right to left) in the frame text tool. However it is written in a correct form in the notification bar at the bottom. aff2.jpg.549e1677beed333fa31bebbf4937f8ce.jpg

1.  The Arabic language is not displayed in the language bar.aff3.jpg.85535c58c108fa19368c0250c4c29bac.jpg

Affinity does not support scripts that require right-to-left (RTL) nor vertical layout of lines.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Starfire said:

I cant write Arabic in a correct form (from Right to left)

You might want to take a look at this?   https://www.artwayz.com/en/right-to-left-fix/

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump into this... but do guys aware of RTL Fixer?

It is the best solution for writing in right-to-left languages on software that doesn’t support it.
(like Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher).

The app is now extremely feature rich and supports pretty much all right-to-left languages, Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Hebrew and more.

If you want more information:
https://www.rtlfixer.com

• 6 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, amirgelman said:

Sorry to bump into this... but do guys aware of RTL Fixer?

It is the best solution for writing in right-to-left languages on software that doesn’t support it.
(like Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher).

The app is now extremely feature rich and supports pretty much all right-to-left languages, Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Hebrew and more.

If you want more information:
https://www.rtlfixer.com

and why we need to purchase this fixer while the affinity team promised to fix it since 2019 ???

i think affainty intentionally don't want to fix it because they are selling the RTL fixer also.

4 minutes ago, Mohannad said:

while the affinity team promised to fix it since 2019 ???

All I have ever seen them say is that they would like to support RTL, but it is a very large effort and will take a long time. Where did you see a promise?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Please stop spamming the forums,

41 minutes ago, Mohannad said:

when they are making mony (sic) from selling RTL fixer

Serif make no money from this work around, directly or indirectly and we do not endorse it either. If users say it works then we allow the post to live here, but you are not right about Serif having any vested interest in not changing this when we can

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

so prove us wrong, why haven't you  work around this issue and resolve it, its almost 3 years now.

alot of post and comments of people asking for support , and the only answer that was giving we will think about it in the long term not in the short term, so how long is the long term its almost 3 years.

10 minutes ago, Mohannad said:

so prove us wrong, why haven't you  work around this issue and resolve it, its almost 3 years now.

59 minutes ago, Mohannad said:

yeah thats what they will say, when they are making mony from selling RTL fixer .

An accusation like that (taking monetary kickbacks) requires proof. The onus is on you.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

An accusation like that (taking monetary kickbacks) requires proof. The onus is on you.

its assumption not accusation , if you buy somthing and you found out it doesn't work as it should and they recommanded to check the fourm for " someone who invinted the wheel i mean a tool " that can help, aren't you gonna see this is sketchy ?????

• Staff
10 minutes ago, Mohannad said:

aren't you gonna see this is sketchy ?????

No, it's a potential work around if anyone wants it.

Tech support try not to say "you are on your own". If they have seen someone else suggest something, so they are just being helpful, but apparently you are assuming we are "sketchy"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

No, it's a potential work around if anyone wants it.

Tech support try not to say "you are on your own". If they have seen someone else suggest something, so they are just being helpful, but apparently you are assuming we are "sketchy"

best of luck🤔

• 2 months later...

to be honest i use affinity because features is enough for me.

i don't want amazing features just (artboard and library and arabic supported) and guess what?

i discovered the program has include these things i want (Gravit designer)

to all affinity dev or staff who read my comment please focus on support language, i will move to new app that's it

thanks affinity