1.9.0.205 - moving a "linked layer" in Layers panel removes link

AP beta 1.9.0.205

macOS 10.13.6

Problem: simply moving a "linked layer" in Layers panel results in unlinking

Recipe: 

1. start a new document
  2. add a Rectangle
  3. Layer > Duplicate Linked: the two objects are linked
  4. In Layers panel, move the lower object above the higher object, or vice versa: the two objects are not linked

Different recipe but same unlinking, when selecting and then moving the pair of linked layers up in the stack of layers.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Thanks, we're aware of various unlinking issues, let us know if you find any more! So far it seems to be dragging layers up and down the layer stack (using Arrange options is fine), and moving layers in/out of enclosures or moving them to different enclosures.

@Old Bruce with your mention of dragging the pair of layers, it might just be worth trying the Arrange menu options (or shortcuts, CMD+brackets/CTRL+brackets for Mac/Windows) to see if that works.

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

2 hours ago, James Ritson said:

@Old Bruce with your mention of dragging the pair of layers, it might just be worth trying the Arrange menu options (or shortcuts, CMD+brackets/CTRL+brackets for Mac/Windows) to see if that works.

Keyboard shortcuts work okay.

Not actually sure how I would use this feature, I am wondering if I will find it indispensable in a little while.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.