You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I'm trying to expand the outer shadow I've applied to an object so it can be manipulated independently of the source object. e.g. I have a vector of a windmill, I apply the outer shadow to the windmill, expand the outer shadow to its own layer, add a shear to the outer shadow to add perspective to the shadow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best, J

Sorry, in my earlier post I should have also asked what sort of shadow you require.
Would you be able to make quick sketch showing the windmill and where you want the shadow to be in relation to the windmill?
It doesn’t need to be anything flash, just something quick like in my attached image will give us a general idea.

(If you have an example of a shadow in another image which you want to reproduce then attach that if you can legally do so.)

Screenshot 2020-11-26 130339.png