You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fill in area between two non-intersecting curves

Hello everyone! 

I recently purchased the Affinity Suite and am very much a novice with vector programs (but having a lot of fun learning!).

What I'm trying to do seems very simple, but after an hour of Googling and trying things, I still can not figure out how to fill in the area between two, non-intersecting curves in Designer. I saw a solution here that seems related, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I've attached a photo illustrating what I'm trying to achieve. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

IMG_0473.PNG

Edited by swainboi
typo

5 hours ago, swainboi said:

I still can not figure out how to fill in the area between two, non-intersecting curves in Designer

The only way I could see was to convert the two lines to curves then select the two nodes at one end with node tool and join them. Repeat at other end. You can keep the ends off the canvas so they don’t show. Now draw a coloured rectangle larger than the the curve boundary box. Go to layer studio and drag the rectangle layer over the curve layer. When you see a blue line, let go. The curved lines will clip the rectangle, filling the space between the lines.

75B6ADCA-6862-4756-AFAC-F828E5FE224B.png

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

37 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Now draw a coloured rectangle larger than the the curve boundary box. Go to layer studio and drag the rectangle layer over the curve layer. When you see a blue line, let go. The curved lines will clip the rectangle, filling the space between the lines.

Having joined the two lines with the Node Tool there’s no need to clip a filled rectangle to the new curve. You can simply apply a fill directly to the curve.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)