You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Only drawing by pencil in AP iPad

Hi, I have a weird problem when I draw with the Apple pen at my iPad 12”:

very often a stroke appears, this is a straight line and comes from my wrist or my sleeve. Is there a possibillity to let AP “know” that I only draw with a pen and not with my fingers? This issue is new for me. I use AP and the pen several years and I never had this problem before. 
Do I have to put the pressure for the screen up/down and if so, where can I find it? Hope there is a solution for it.

2 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @Ashcat,

Try going into Preferences for Affinity and on the Tools section is an option 'Touch for gestures only' if you enable that, it should stop this from happening :) 

Thanks a lot!!! I enabled it and so far it works! I’m working at a new iPad 12” 2020 and looked at my old 12” but the Touch for gestures only is not enabled at that one. So I think the screen of the new iPad is more sensitive.