You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Column guides not displaying - 1.9.0.850

Hi all, 

I've seen this bug logged on previous versions, so apologies if this is repeated information. 

The column guides are not displaying in 1.9.0.850. They're set up correctly and display when page opened in retail version. Baseline grid shows, grid shows. Just not the column guides. 

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Phil Creighton said:

Wonder what could be causing it if it's displaying correctly for you guys? 

They wouldn't display for me, either, until I Reset the application, as Joachim_L suggested above.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Right ... uninstalled beta. Reinstalled from fresh download. 

Opened up a page of our newspaper - no column guides. 

Go to new document, create column guides - they display. 

So the issue looks like it's with the opening of a document created in 1.8.5.703 - the information is not carrying over. 

31 minutes ago, Phil Creighton said:

How do you reset the application?! 

Hold down Ctrl until you get the Clear Data dialog. (This may need to click on the Publisher icon on the taskbar to get it. But keep holding Ctrl until you have it.)

For a full reset, select all the options, and choose Clear.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
11 hours ago, Phil Creighton said:

So the issue looks like it's with the opening of a document created in 1.8.5.703 - the information is not carrying over. 

I can't seem to replicate this either… Does it happen for every doc you create in 1.8 and then open in 1.9? 

Indeed, document created in 1.8.5.703 does not show column guides anymore in 1.9.0.850. Even a reset in 1.9.0.850 does not help.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

15 minutes ago, Phil Creighton said:

Has to be. 

I opened my file, changed the bleed from 0 to 0.1 and column guides displayed. 

Magic! 

Only trouble is I can't have bleeds on these pages. 

In that topic, @Sean P confirmed that this will be solved in the next build of Designer; maybe it will be good on Publisher as well.

Best regards!

4 hours ago, Phil Creighton said:

Only trouble is I can't have bleeds on these pages.

Noone forces you to use the additional bleed on export. Just uncheck "Include Bleed" in the export dialogue if this option is checked.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 12/2/2020 at 9:25 AM, Phil Creighton said:

You're quite right, wasn't thinking :)

I'll need to think how to make clear for a multi-person workflow

Oh lord, I do not envy you. [sympathy and empathy emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.