You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

copy/paste is a nightmare

I've done for my Content panel a particular dash line 

• 1 long + 2 short. I've used the Appearance panel because it's impossible without it, we miss boxes in Stroke panel…

If I want to apply this dash line to the curve, values get crazy. It's the same for FX and stroke thickness too. 

For every curve, I need to adjust values. Not really user friendly.

But there is one thing more incredible.

If I do in VectorStyler the same dash line (1 long + 2 short), look at how it's very intuitive (I really like it), and if I copy/paste in AD, surprise ! The dash line is perfect without using Appearance panel. It's like there is something hidden in the stroke panel.

And more incredible : If I copy/paste the attribute VS path to another curve in AD, I only need to adjust thickness.

So, can you explain why VS dash lines are better in AD than AD dash lines ?

https://fromsmash.com/-rbF30Xr3U-ct

• Staff

Hi Lenogre,

The issue with Paste Style not maintaining the scale is a known issue that is with development.

With regards to the pasting the dash style from VectorStyler I'll pass that on to development to find out whats going on there.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.