You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment tools not working

Hi , none of the adjustment tools in either the develop or photo personas are working. The levels, contrast, exposure are working.

I have Affinity Photo version 1.8.6 installed and have recently updated the mac to big sur. If I click on  - affinity photo, underneath are the tabs: about,  Liquify persona, development persona, export persona, tone mapping persona. Doesn't show Photo persona.

So do I need to remove affinity photo and re-install. If so how best to do this.

Kind Regards

Tom

The Photo Persona button is the one with the Affinity Photo logo, to the left of the other personas:

218616721_Screenshot2020-11-24at11_52_23.png.dea7e433973d22406845902c06b37040.png

If you can't see that, then (forgive me if this is too obvious)  it's just possible you've inadvertently dragged the interface slightly to the left. This would also obscure the adjustment tools and the macOS 'traffic light' buttons:

1789944528_Screenshot2020-11-24at11_55_32.png.deabd109049121ba6f5409addda185d2.png

You may just need to click in the grey toolbar area at the top (black in dark mode) drag the entire interface a little bit to the right.

If not, posting a screenshot may help diagnose the issue.

(Screenshots from Affinity Photo 1.8.6 running macOS 11.0.1 Big Sur, same as you.)

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Hi h_d,

My problem is not as you have replied to. I can see the photo persona button on the screen. I was referring to the affinity photo next to the apple logo button in the top bar.

Again the adjustment tools are visible they are just not active. How to perform a clean reinstall. Do I need an account reference number or what. I think i need to try this first.

Thanks 

Tom

2 hours ago, Tom McDonald said:

If I click on  - affinity photo, underneath are the tabs: about,  Liquify persona, development persona, export persona, tone mapping persona. Doesn't show Photo persona.

when you are in the Photo Persona there is no menu item (not tab) to show. You can switch to Export Person and then you will see Photo Persona in the Menu.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Problem solved: Update to Adjustment tools not working.

Hi Thought that people should note that my problem has now been solved and required a complete uninstall on the mac and reinstall of latest version downloaded from the Apple store.

I came across the following article "Fail to uninstall Affinity photo on Mac" by Osx Uninstaller, link:   https://osxuninstaller.com/uninstall-guides/uninstall-affinity-photo-on-mac/

I followed the manual steps they suggested and must admit I was surprised that doing the finder search on the library showed even parts of the original trial software i downloaded  in 2016 with other files for each year since then.

Deleting all of these including from the bin and reinstalling the latest version has solved the problem. I can only assume there was some conflict issues left over from previous versions. It may also explain some of the issues other users are experiencing such as crashing etc.

Hope this helps 

Kind Regards 

Tom