You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black Friday Event 2020

Patrick Connor

• Staff

BLACK FRIDAY EVENT 30% OFF EVERYTHING

Header_EN.jpg

*Sale ends 6 December 2020*

Everything in the Affinity Store is 30% off, from our award-winning apps and official workbooks, to creative content packs and more.

Head over to our site to view the full sale or keep scrolling to preview some of the items on offer.

VIEW THE SALE

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Affinity Designer

designer.png

Best in class for creating concept art, print projects, logos, icons, UI designs, mock-ups and more, our powerful design app is already the choice of thousands of professional illustrators, web designers and game developers who love its silky-smooth combination of vector and raster design tools.

Find Out More

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Affinity Photo

photo.png

The fastest, smoothest and most precise image editing software around, this essential app will revolutionise the way you work, whether you’re editing and retouching images, creating full-blown multi-layered compositions or making beautiful raster paintings.

Find Out More

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

Affinity Publisher

publisher.png

From books, magazines and marketing materials, to social media templates, website mock-ups and other projects, this next-generation publishing app gives you the power to combine your images, graphics and text to make beautiful layouts ready for publication.

Find Out More

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

The Affinity Publisher Workbook is almost here
(pre-order for 30% discount)

Pub-Workbook.PNG

The official companion guide to Affinity Publisher

Packed with expert tips, tricks and instructions across more than 500 stylishly illustrated pages, the Affinity Publisher Workbook combines the vast knowledge of our own in-house experts with exciting contributions from leading designers, publishers and other creatives to help you really make the most of the app.

It features an impressive variety of hands-on publishing projects for both Mac and Windows, handy keyboard shortcut cheat sheets, as well as links to downloadable resources so you can complete the projects yourself and start mastering the app’s vast tools and capabilities. Throughout the workbook, you’ll also find references to future features that will be added as part of the app’s upcoming 1.9 update.

Find Out More

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Glad to see the Publisher workbook is on its way.  Preorder is done!  Thank you.  It is going to be a huge help (like the other two workbooks) in showing others how these wonderful apps work.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

A question about the Publisher workbook. Is it a book for beginners, or (also) for professionals? I am interested in data import, for example for catalogs. For whom is the book intended?

If there is a PDF or eBook version, it makes the keyword search much easier?

• Staff
43 minutes ago, tersmuse said:

A question about the Publisher workbook. Is it a book for beginners, or (also) for professionals? I am interested in data import, for example for catalogs. For whom is the book intended?

The audience for the Publisher workbook are people who have used the software before, but want to learn some more techniques and see how some professionals use the software, and follow along with sample files.

44 minutes ago, tersmuse said:

If there is a PDF or eBook version, it makes the keyword search much easier?

No this is only sold as a physical object.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

No this is only sold as a physical object.

Patrick, would you care to explain why a digital version will not be available? A "No" is always easier to accept if an explanation is given. Now users can only conjecture as to Affinity's reasons, such as copyright and royalty issues.  

I'm sure Affinity appreciates the fact that (many) users prefer working with a digital version. Some reasons are: the already mentioned search function, no large desk footprint, increased portability, updateable by Serif as new app features come out, lower price, no shipping issues.  I'm sure the list is longer.  

You see, I need a good story for when people see me in front of my computer screen with a big how-to book and wonder what has happened to me. 🙂 And a proper justification for myself at all those times the book will have become a bit more outdated as I download a new APub version, starting with 2.0. 😞 

• Staff

Serif wanted to make a series of "coffee table" style books that give in depth examples of some uses of the software, by commissioned professionals. I am not about to explain why we have not made something we have not made, though I understand why many wish we had. It is not a decision I am party to, beyond the obvious answer about copyright and the easy reproduction of most electronic formats. If you don't mind, this discussion has been had many times before and does not belong in this thread which is about the Black Friday Sale

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

32 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

If you don't mind, this discussion has been had many times before and does not belong in this thread which is about the Black Friday Sale

I quickly browsed the results of your link but could not really find anything pertinent. Could you give the link to Affinity's answer to this question that has been discussed 'many times before?'

I take issue with you that my question doesn't belong in this thread because it's in this thread that you announce the upcoming publication of the Publisher workbook, upon which I immediately ordered the book. I am looking forward to its delivery, but I also would like to work with a digital version because a 'coffee table style book' is not the ideal medium to use as a workbook.

I must say I don't quite understand your reply.

• Staff

There is no official "reason", but here are some of examples of us (mainly me) explaining we do not make one.

We wish to make a physical book, so we have. I appreciate many here hope we would also wish to make a downloadable one, but we have not done that for this series of books.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hello all - I live in the USA and was wondering if the Publisher Workbook also is being shipped within the United States or is it only being shipped from the UK? Was wondering what the shipping costs are to Texas? Thank you for your time and Merry Christmas!

8 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

There is no official "reason", but here are some of examples of us (mainly me) explaining we do not make one.

We wish to make a physical book, so we have. I appreciate many here hope we would also wish to make a downloadable one, but we have not done that for this series of books.

Thanks for the links. Indeed, no reasons given and nothing new to make me any wiser. I'd better drop the issue but surely someone will fire it up again somewhere in the future...

• Staff
43 minutes ago, Wildjoey said:

Hello all - I live in the USA and was wondering if the Publisher Workbook also is being shipped within the United States or is it only being shipped from the UK? Was wondering what the shipping costs are to Texas? Thank you for your time and Merry Christmas!

Shipping is calculated and quoted in your basket before purchase. Some states have local taxes but it's relatively cheap as we ship from warehousing in the USA (and UK and Germany)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi,

I've been working with Affinity apps for a long time now - but I'm still considering ordering the books.

I read somewhere that Publisher book will be updated for version 1.9.

How about the other two books?

It's a quite investment even with 30% off so I'd like to know exactly what I'm buying. 😉

Thanks!

• Staff
19 hours ago, brunoczech said:

Hi,

I've been working with Affinity apps for a long time now - but I'm still considering ordering the books.

I read somewhere that Publisher book will be updated for version 1.9.

How about the other two books?

It's a quite investment even with 30% off so I'd like to know exactly what I'm buying. 😉

Thanks!

Affinity Publisher Workbook was written to be correct for 1.9 

Publisher 1.8.x has a very few bits of the user interface that are slightly different to the workbook but none of the workbook cannot be followed in 1.8.x and 1.9.0 will be out soon enough. So the workbook is actually a small amount ahead of the software, but not significantly, we checked!

Photo and Designer workbooks are updated whenever we run out of stock. They are both correct for 1.8.6 and all of the tutorials can be followed in 1.9.0 though the user interface and shortcuts sections will be tweaked when a new print run is made, to reflect the minor changes that are rolling out.

Workbooks demonstrate techniques. They are not user guides explaining ever function, they are more like tutorials. What you learn will last you years and doesn't change just because the software gets a few improvements.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

Affinity Publisher Workbook was written to be correct for 1.9 

Publisher 1.8.x has a very few bits of the user interface that are slightly different to the workbook but none of the workbook cannot be followed in 1.8.x and 1.9.0 will be out soon enough. So the workbook is actually a small amount ahead of the software, but not significantly, we checked!

Photo and Designer workbooks are updated whenever we run out of stock. They are both correct for 1.8.6 and all of the tutorials can be followed in 1.9.0 though the user interface and shortcuts sections will be tweaked when a new print run is made, to reflect the minor changes that are rolling out.

Thanks for the info.

I guess I'd love to have all the books updated to the latest version 1.9 but I presume that no one knows when the new print run will be issued.

Since Publisher book should be available on Monday I will wait till then. 

BTW - will we be notified before the Black Friday deal expires? 😉

• Staff
2 minutes ago, brunoczech said:

Since Publisher book should be available on Monday I will wait till then. 

Our 30% off "Black Friday Sale" ends on Sunday night (see my first post in this thread), but that is your choice.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I got a bit greedy, lol... lots of stuff purchased....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.