You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forums @Ron Kelsch
We need more information, including:
* Which tool are you using;
* What do you expect the tool to do;
* How do you use it the first time;
* What is different the second time you use it;
* What are you using the tool on (Image Layer, Shape, Mask, etc.)
The more information we have the better we can help.
(A video showing us what is happening is normally very useful if you can make one.)

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 2:20 AM, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums @Ron Kelsch
We need more information, including:
* Which tool are you using;
* What do you expect the tool to do;
* How do you use it the first time;
* What is different the second time you use it;
* What are you using the tool on (Image Layer, Shape, Mask, etc.)
The more information we have the better we can help.
(A video showing us what is happening is normally very useful if you can make one.)

I set low px size but still get the same original size in a .png export. Other images reduce. Why is this a problem with Designer. unlike the image given, it shows in the web as running off to the right regardless of what pix size I export.

Figure 2-2.png

If you tell the software to export a document at a certain size – pixel dimensions – then it should produce an image of that size.
I have never seen the Affinity software produce an exported image which is larger than the size set by the user.
Can you give us an exact set of step-by-step instructions that we can follow to see if we get the same results?

• 2 months later...

I solve the problem, but here is another: When I search the web for an answer, I often get a solution, but when it came to publishing the answer dit not fit the application, so I gave up and went to Word. Each instructions for any of the applications are too limited and fail to explain by a search criteria. A general search by mentioning Affinity with help and state the problem often but not with publishing. I gave up InDesign because of the monthly const. I go months without using the application and that is too expensive. When I saw Affinity Support charge a monthly fee, this cause me to discontinue the publishing. Affinity is no different than Adobe. I had to resort to preview and paste screen to get Designer to work. You cannot find a solution in any basic instructions.

53 minutes ago, Ron Kelsch said:

When I saw Affinity Support charge a monthly fee, this cause me to discontinue the publishing.

What fee are you talking about?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

In may be that there are too many word searches for infinity. I will give you my question:

image.png.575d85f4bfdd176d92f31a73b20cae24.png

The above was copied from a search for help, I pasted it on publisher and could not fine Insert tab > text group > insert file so I could browse for the file. All I could find wast Text> Insert> Spaces and Tabs > but everything after was non usable. There is not "Insert tab" please help.

@Ron Kelsch No wonder, that you are having problems. Your quote above is about Microsoft Publisher and not Affinity Publisher. Apart from that: Every Affinity applictions has an in-built help file or just head over to tutorials subforum.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/9-tutorials-serif-and-customer-created-tutorials/

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Or use the Affinity online help files: https://affinity.help/

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

13 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

@Ron Kelsch No wonder, that you are having problems. Your quote above is about Microsoft Publisher and not Affinity Publisher. Apart from that: Every Affinity applications has an in-built help file or just head over to tutorials sub-forum.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/9-tutorials-serif-and-customer-created-tutorials/

I am new to infinity but basically learned photo and design. I am used to InDesign but it cost too much so I started with publisher. I could load and Indesign file, but when I started for a new Book, I used familiar terms like place  a word file, but it only placed in one page, I could not continue to the next page. I looked up help and four Microsoft Publisher not knowing my stupidity. I checked the link above, but I could rarely find anything for the publisher soft wear. I could not figure out how to place the entire word document. I looked up place, but with no avail, I found nothing that would continue the placement. Please help.

Are you placing an Indesign IDML file? You should Open not Place the IDML file.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

If you are placing a Word file then you will have a Text Frame and there is a Text Flow triangle on the lower right of the Text Frame 

415587454_ScreenShot2021-04-09at1_08_00PM.png.ea0149bc5f709303c99879e6b630cbf9.png

If you click while holding down the Shift Key there will be new pages made with the rest of the text in them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Are you placing an Indesign IDML file? You should Open not Place the IDML file.

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

If you are placing a Word file then you will have a Text Frame and there is a Text Flow triangle on the lower right of the Text Frame 

415587454_ScreenShot2021-04-09at1_08_00PM.png.ea0149bc5f709303c99879e6b630cbf9.png

If you click while holding down the Shift Key there will be new pages made with the rest of the text in them.

Edited by Ron Kelsch
Just wanted to say Thanks.

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 10:46 PM, Ron Kelsch said:

In may be that there are too many word searches for infinity. I will give you my question:

image.png.575d85f4bfdd176d92f31a73b20cae24.png

The above was copied from a search for help, I pasted it on publisher and could not fine Insert tab > text group > insert file so I could browse for the file. All I could find wast Text> Insert> Spaces and Tabs > but everything after was non usable. There is not "Insert tab" please help.

There is no command "Insert Tab" after opening Infinity Publisher. This is a common problem in following thin instructions.

12 minutes ago, Ron Kelsch said:

There is no command "Insert Tab" after opening Infinity Publisher. This is a common problem in following thin instructions.

It was pointed out to you more six months ago that you were trying to follow instructions for Microsoft Publisher, not Affinity Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)