You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Processing Requests

It would be nice if

1) It was possible to cancel a running batch without having to force quit the app

2) It was possible to save a batch set up.  (I have something like 1500 scanned photos organized in maybe 100 folders and I want to create lo res proxies that are stored in a sub-folder in each of the folders.  I have to set up a batch from scratch each time rather than just changing the selection of files and the target folder for the proxies.)

3) There was a small progress bar indicating the progress of the batch rather than having to scroll down through the list of processing files.  

4) One could select more than one file at a time to remove from the batch list.  Now if I inadvertently add a bunch of files to the list twice I need to select each one separately to remove it from the list.  Another solution would be to gray out files that have already been added to the bacth list so that I don't get confused and add them twice.

It would also be nice if the actual step parameters were displayed in editing a macro.

Also I noticed at one point the memory efficiency displayed in the Info was -2147483648%, and I'm not sure how to interpret that figure.

Edited by RichardPatterson

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly new to Affinity under Windows, while not to photo processing (analog and digital). I am trying to develop a workflow for my standard basic processings. I like Affinity by now, and the tutorial videos helped a lot. But on some points, Affinity lacks some things. Batch processing is one of those.

Predefined settings for a batch processing would help a lot, including the file format options, especially if I could create several of them and simply select them instead of setting them up from scratch every time. So I don't have to re-do it every now and again if I forgot one step.

Why do I have to select the photos from the select button in the dialog, and can't just drag/drop photos in from an external source?

And why does the folder selected for importing photos change the startup folder for the destination? If I had wanted to use the same folder, I could use the standard option. Either way I do it, it gets wrong. If I select the input files first, the output folder is set to the input folder on opening the folder browser. And if I select it first, and then the input files, the next time I use the dialog the staring point for the output folder is the last input selection folder.