You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Affinity Photo (affinity store) crashes before opening

I just bought Affinity Photo from the Affinity Store for my iMac to replace the apple version, and it crashes before it ever starts.  I held down the control key and cleared everything, but it still crashes after that screen goes away.  I have never gotten it far enough to put in the product code.  I have tried reinstalling it over the Apple store version and removing the Apple store version and then installing it.  But it crashes either way.

1426663394_ScreenShot2020-11-23at15_08_59.thumb.png.b50456b19f3a074f81e413a202c41f84.png

Edited by GregHH
additional info.

11 minutes ago, Callum said:

Please could you tell me which version of Mac OS you are using?

His MacOS version (v10.15.7) is shown on the crash screenshot, as the APhoto version (v1.8.6) too!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Mac OS v10.15.7.

Additional information: if I re-install the Apple store version from the Apple store, it works fine.  I've gone through this cycle about four times, the Affinity store version always crashes before I see anything (except the one time I held the control key down--I got a screen to reset things--but it crashed right after I left that screen).

Problem Solved:  When I had the Apple Store Version, I also installed On1 which created a directory in the library to store the On1 Plug In files.  Apparently, the existence of this directory caused the Affinity Store version to crash as it has the same name, "Affinity Photo."  Renaming the On1 "Affinity Photo" directory allowed the program to install.  I'm not sure what to do with the On1 plug in files, but that seems to be a small problem.