You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Astropad for iOS + Affinity Photo - mini test

richarre

Simply fantastic.....your imaginating using the app. i s simply amazing. Do you work on the basis of trial and error, or experimcing over your main idea or image creation?

Would love to have a tutorial in real time, and being able to appreciate all ththings that are coming along t he creation of your final painting. There is much to learn there?

Thanks for sharing.

Rosa

Sorry..it seems that I have made the comment on the wrong entry,

I was referring in it, to your other tul torial with a fantastic work about a primordial image of a fqce.

Nevertheless....I thank you for your introducing the Astropad possibilites. I did not know that it worked with a

ffinity too. I was going to purchase it, but then I invested on Affinity, The idea was to use my I pad as a tablet, because I find that drawing and painting in my I pad is simply great. But then...oh.....I think I am waiting for the Ipadpro release this Autum...so they say....lets hope it is really not a go ssip but a truth,

Thanks a lot.

Rosa

Hi Richarre!

Speaking frankly, do you think that Astropad performances are good enough?

I bought it and tried with the iPad Mini/MBPR/Adonit Jot Touch 4 hat-trick and unfortunately I still find it too laggy, strokes are not interpolated smoothly delivering a polygonal instead of a curve, in particular when you have some jitters active. I want to try it again once the new iPad will land...

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Have you just got an iPad Air... or an Air 2? :)

Air 2... With Air things were almost identical to the old Mini... 

But will sell it soon to make moneys for the Pro one with Pencil...  ;)

Astropad guys improved it so much, but interpolation is still weak...

With stabilised strokes things are better.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I can't wait until next year's WWDC, when Serif will be demoing Designer and Photo on stage on the 27" 5K iPad Pro...

Wacom must be feeling like Blackberry right about now... 

So do we!... and it'll happen as soon as we can - and it won't be a cut-down product, it'll be the full version but presented really thoughtfully and intuitively! :)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 3 years later...

Would/could someone explain in plain English what is going on here.

If I have AP on my Mac and AP on my iPad Pro do I need Astropad to use the iPad as a mirrored editing aid with AP running on both???Confused - as usual!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

33 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Would/could someone explain in plain English what is going on here.

If I have AP on my Mac and AP on my iPad Pro do I need Astropad to use the iPad as a mirrored editing aid with AP running on both???Confused - as usual!

Count me in also. If one doesn't understand the jargon, then one is lost.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.