You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinty photo crash my pc

ok so the program work fine but after few min or even 1 second later affinity crashes my pc for no reason.

my pc is a 2060 oc pro from gigabyte and r5 3600 b550m aouros pro  none of them are overheating or defective no other program crashes my pc idk what happens pls help

Hi,

hard to tell why, without any further informations like Win app specific crash reports and system logs etc. which may lead to the possible reason.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi Harel

as V_kyr said we are going to need alot more information to look into this. Please could you start by telling me which version of Windows you are on and which version of the app you are using? You say "even 1 second later affinity crashes my pc for no reason." What operations are you performing in the app when this typically happens?  Please could you provide a copy of the latest crash report found here?

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Also, do you mean that "Affinity crashes" or your complete PC crashes (for example, a Blue Screen of Death)? If it's the complete PC, what exactly is the failure that Windows displays?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Also, do you mean that "Affinity crashes" or your complete PC crashes (for example, a Blue Screen of Death)? If it's the complete PC, what exactly is the failure that Windows displays?

worsh then blue screen of death...completely crashes the pc like not even shutdown screen...the pc is then completely off and I need to push the power button on the case.

26 minutes ago, harel said:

worsh then blue screen of death...completely crashes the pc like not even shutdown screen...the pc is then completely off and I need to push the power button on the case.

Interesting.

That kind of failure (in my experience) is usually due to either a Windows system error, a driver error, or (most often, for me) a hardware error such as memory that is beginning to fail or something that is overheating perhaps due to a fan failure.

It's not something that an application such as one of the Affinity applications can cause.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Interesting.

That kind of failure (in my experience) is usually due to either a Windows system error, a driver error, or (most often, for me) a hardware error such as memory that is beginning to fail or something that is overheating perhaps due to a fan failure.

It's not something that an application such as one of the Affinity applications can cause.

what kind of windows error ? is there a way to cheek ? what drivers and how to cheek ram failure?

18 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Harel

as V_kyr said we are going to need alot more information to look into this. Please could you start by telling me which version of Windows you are on and which version of the app you are using? You say "even 1 second later affinity crashes my pc for no reason." What operations are you performing in the app when this typically happens?  Please could you provide a copy of the latest crash report found here?

Thanks

C

editing photos. and there are no reports in the -

On 11/23/2020 at 1:23 PM, v_kyr said:

Hi,

hard to tell why, without any further informations like Win app specific crash reports and system logs etc. which may lead to the possible reason.

where are crash reports because the one in affinity photo does not show any crash reports and where can i find system logs? what either then that?

The Event Viewer is a tool in Windows that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer.  Examples of these are programs that don't start as expected, or automatically downloaded updates.  Event Viewer is especially useful for troubleshooting Windows and application errors.

Event Viewer displays these types of events:

• Error: A significant problem, such as loss of data or loss of functionality. For example, if a service fails to load during startup, an error will be logged.
  • Warning: An event that is not necessarily significant, but may indicate a possible future problem. For example, when disk space is low, a warning will be logged.
  • Information: An event that describes the successful operation of an application, driver, or service. For example, when a network driver loads successfully, an Information event will be logged.
  • Success Audit: An audited security access attempt that succeeds. For example, a user's successful attempt to log on to the system will be logged as a Success Audit event.
  • Failure Audit: An audited security access attempt that fails. For example, if a user tries to access a network drive and fails, the attempt will be logged as a Failure Audit event.

The Event Log service starts automatically when you start Windows. Application and System logs can be viewed by all users, but Security logs are accessible only to administrators. Using the event logs in Event Viewer, you can gather information about hardware, software, and system problems and monitor Windows security events.

To access the Event Viewer in Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Server 2012 R2:

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel > System & Security and double-click Administrative tools
  2. Double-click Event Viewer
  3. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Application, System)

NOTE: To access the Application Logs once in Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > Application, for shutdown errors refer to Application and System logs.
 ---------------------------------------------------
See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

3 minutes ago, v_kyr said:
The Event Viewer is a tool in Windows that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer.  Examples of these are programs that don't start as expected, or automatically downloaded updates.  Event Viewer is especially useful for troubleshooting Windows and application errors.

• Error: A significant problem, such as loss of data or loss of functionality. For example, if a service fails to load during startup, an error will be logged.
  • Warning: An event that is not necessarily significant, but may indicate a possible future problem. For example, when disk space is low, a warning will be logged.
  • Information: An event that describes the successful operation of an application, driver, or service. For example, when a network driver loads successfully, an Information event will be logged.
  • Success Audit: An audited security access attempt that succeeds. For example, a user's successful attempt to log on to the system will be logged as a Success Audit event.
  • Failure Audit: An audited security access attempt that fails. For example, if a user tries to access a network drive and fails, the attempt will be logged as a Failure Audit event.

The Event Log service starts automatically when you start Windows. Application and System logs can be viewed by all users, but Security logs are accessible only to administrators. Using the event logs in Event Viewer, you can gather information about hardware, software, and system problems and monitor Windows security events.

1. Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel > System & Security and double-click Administrative tools

NOTE: To access the Application Logs once in Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs > Application, for shutdown errors refer to Application and System logs.
See also:

I will look into that thank you 

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

See also:

there are ton of warning and errors...

]