LilleG

Media Browser not showing .afdesign or .afphoto previews

Am I doing something wrong here?  Media Browser in neither MAS Designer or MAS Photo will show the previews for .afdesign files or .afphoto files.  It shows everything else (well, except for RIFF, but I didn't expect that) but no design or photo images are showing up.  It also does not show .svg files.

I don't really use Media Browser so I'm not sure if this is something new.

Are Rodney and I the only ones having this problem?  I've done the usual "fixes" including Control/Open for all 4 apps, MAS and betas.  Still nothing.  And like Rodney, they show up fine in the Finder.

I can't see them as well.

- Affinity Photo 1.7.2
- Affinity Designer 1.7.2
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

It's not something I use a lot in my workflow, however the last time I checked I don't believe it's designed to preview afphoto or afdesign files.  I'll double check with the devs to make sure and update.

Thanks

Please let us know.  I can't imagine why it would not be designed to preview its own files.  That seems like it would be the most common use for it.  

Please let us know.  I can't imagine why it would not be designed to preview its own files.  That seems like it would be the most common use for it.  

Agreed

Right.  I have plenty of other apps that will show me jpg, tif, psd, svg, png.  The only thing I have that will show .afphoto and .afdesigner is the Finder.  Which was not meant to let me easily click between image folders while inside a graphics app. 

It's not something I use a lot in my workflow, however the last time I checked I don't believe it's designed to preview afphoto or afdesign files.  I'll double check with the devs to make sure and update.

Thanks

Any information on the inability of Designer and Photo to display their own files in Media Viewer?  And if this was by design, are there any plans to add what would seem like a very basic feature?

hi there, i had the same problem: no preview of af-files showing in finder.

now there it what solved the problem for me:

i opened affinity photo and pressed Apple+O for opening a document. in the file dialog suddenly the previews apperaed.

after that i force terminated the finder Apple+Alt+Esc and voilá the previews showed up on desktop.

hope it help someone.