You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Media Browser not showing .afdesign or .afphoto previews

Am I doing something wrong here?  Media Browser in neither MAS Designer or MAS Photo will show the previews for .afdesign files or .afphoto files.  It shows everything else (well, except for RIFF, but I didn't expect that) but no design or photo images are showing up.  It also does not show .svg files.

I don't really use Media Browser so I'm not sure if this is something new.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not something I use a lot in my workflow, however the last time I checked I don't believe it's designed to preview afphoto or afdesign files.  I'll double check with the devs to make sure and update.

Thanks

Any information on the inability of Designer and Photo to display their own files in Media Viewer?  And if this was by design, are there any plans to add what would seem like a very basic feature?

• 1 month later...

hi there, i had the same problem: no preview of af-files showing in finder.

now there it what solved the problem for me:

i opened affinity photo and pressed Apple+O for opening a document. in the file dialog suddenly the previews apperaed.

after that i force terminated the finder Apple+Alt+Esc and voilá the previews showed up on desktop.

hope it help someone.