You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange artefacts from liquify

Indeed. Also the grid lines spin out of control; I see straight lines in different angles after each edit.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 hours ago, DarkClown said:

Not sure if this is a beta-specific problem - but these artefacts occured in the latest Beta (852) after applying a liquify edit.

image.png.24e593df3438c1cdeb8049c18ee0b395.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Jowday, it looks like a similar technical issue ... but we also should discuss your photopgraphy topics 🙂 (LMAO)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

I am struggling to see this on my end. OpenCL on/off? 

I see this on a trusty old (but fast) computer without anything else than a simple Intel chipset. Windows 10 professional.

The green stuff visible the last seconds is from the encoder of ScreenToGIF.

arti.gif.d4af7b92c5ae74fded955a034aff3b3b.gif

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I am seeing that without OpenCL 😮 but not with it enabled. 

Same here.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Take a look at this liquify screenshot with the according preferences ...
You can see the artefacts, the mesh going wild - and the preferences with enabled HW acceleration

Photo_ho7wJIQu43.thumb.jpg.31fb793192d5da1d74fea7556b62d598.jpg

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.