You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I use affinity designer for sublimation printing, I have an epsom ET7750 and print 12 x 12 images.  when I send an image to the printer it sounds like the image os printing, but the image is so faint it looks like their is no image there.  I have printed in word and other programmes and they print fine, its just this programme that I have an issue with.

Hey Sianblight, could you share the file you use to print? Are you printing from a PDF document or directly from Affinity Designer?

Could be a an issue with opacity and transparency of layers. Perhaps the blending mode of layers. Are they all set to normal in the layers panel?

What type of file format is used to print the images?

Hey Sianblight, could you share the file you use to print? Are you printing from a PDF document or directly from Affinity Designer?

Could be a an issue with opacity and transparency of layers. Perhaps the blending mode of layers. Are they all set to normal in the layers panel?

What type of file format is used to print the images?

I remember sometimes when I export JPEGs the colors become slightly light, or faint, as you call it. When I change the color mode to RGB this is fixed though.

The issue can be with the embedded ICC profile or color space of the image. Have you checked the color options in Document Setup menu? You could also share the actual JPEG file so I can open it in Designer and check as well.

You can click here to send a message to me privately and share the image, if it isn't confidential, you could share it here.