You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Affinity-Designer Experts,

my goal is to great tire tracks with a deep-effect like this one (see TireTracks.png).

With depth, I mean that the tire tracks at the top of the picture are smaller and blurred that it looks further away.

I found a way using a "New Texture Intensity Brush" and controlling the Size and Opacity by velocity or pressure. It took me a while that I have to set the "Controller" to not none as explained here: brush-size-variance-not-working

But: Is there another way of reaching the goal?
It is possible to adjust the Width and Opacity after drawing it?
How would you draw such a picture?

As you already know, I'm an absolute newbie here 🙂
Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Martin

TireTracks.png

57 minutes ago, DrawItLoud said:

Where do I find the perspective tool in Affinity Designer 1.8.5 ?

There isn't anything like that vector based in Designer. - Instead you would have to use some third party vector tool as a work around and reimport the result into Designer!

Or you would have to use over the Perspective live filter from Photo in Designer (see here), but that doesn't work that well at all sometimes.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2