You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Zhang Drorin said:

How can I do like this? I have try to use pen line to make a Dividing but it is not work ,I only need to create a rectangle to do with it.But in illustrator you can do the split.Can I operate to realize that?

image.png.db27e78cebc223ca1b1a2def67ec67ce.png

Welcome to a silly world of workarounds: Affinity Designer. There is no knife tools or other time savers. Just "a stripped down work horse" (Serifs own words). You know... like fx WordPad.

You would probably want to do this:

cut.thumb.gif.6adf91e1cb167290f30e61ab2eb517be.gif

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Bloopers and outtakes:

fail.thumb.gif.78684526c86e2f1becce90863bc10bda.gif

fail2.thumb.gif.bcdc56a6b5c2e0e68bce5e6983e571e3.gif

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 minutes ago, Jowday said:

Welcome to a silly world of workarounds: Affinity Designer. There is no knife tools or other time savers. Just "a stripped down work horse" (Serifs own words). You know... like fx WordPad.

You would probably want to do this:

cut.thumb.gif.6adf91e1cb167290f30e61ab2eb517be.gif

Thank you!although it is a bit complicated to realize that but it works🧡

You are welcome @Zhang Drorin 🙂

No need to split a shape, use the Segment shape tool or Pie shape tool to make the semi circles. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

No need to split a shape, use the Segment shape tool or Pie shape tool to make the semi circles. 

It was just a basic demo he made of what he intended to do.

In addition to the advice above, there’s another way to do what (I think) you want where you don’t need to use the geometry functions.
See my attached video (and example document) where I use a Symbol in two rectangles.
You don’t need to use a Symbol if you don’t want to but if you decide to change the text it will be easier if you do.

split-text-example.afdesign

Edited by GarryP
Added example document.

8 minutes ago, GarryP said:

In addition to the advice above, there’s another way to do what (I think) you want where you don’t need to use the geometry functions.
See my attached video where I use a Symbol in two rectangles.
You don’t need to use a Symbol if you don’t want to but if you decide to change the text it will be easier if you do.

hey GarryP oh gosh your resolution is perfect thanks a lot (btw could I have' your telegram number or something?So that I can ask you some questions about affinity🎉)

13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

See my attached video where I use a Symbol in two rectangles.

How does this export as vector to say SVG?

You’re welcome.
If you have further questions then it will be best to ask them publicly in the forums; that way you are more likely to get more answers more quickly from more people and not just my opinion.

Jowday: Seems to export just fine as SVG for me in a very quick test (see attached image) but further checking would need to be done.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 125831.png

But at the end of the day this thread demonstrates very vividly how many workarounds you have to go through in Affinity Designer to reach the finish line.

@Zhang Drorin It is possible in other inexpensive programs like Gravit Designer (purchased by Corel also available as corel.app)

It should be this easy in Designer. But you'll have to stick to the workarounds shown above.

gravit.gif.9494d13a6adbf9889c7a2c4496eddf73.gif

14 hours ago, Jowday said:

But at the end of the day this thread demonstrates very vividly how many workarounds you have to go through in Affinity Designer to reach the finish line.

@Zhang Drorin It is possible in other inexpensive programs like Gravit Designer (purchased by Corel also available as corel.app)

It should be this easy in Designer. But you'll have to stick to the workarounds shown above.

gravit.gif.9494d13a6adbf9889c7a2c4496eddf73.gif

Yeah it is true so I suggest developer of affinity should support this feature.

15 hours ago, GarryP said:

You’re welcome.
If you have further questions then it will be best to ask them publicly in the forums; that way you are more likely to get more answers more quickly from more people and not just my opinion.

Jowday: Seems to export just fine as SVG for me in a very quick test (see attached image) but further checking would need to be done.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 125831.png

I see.Thank you again!谢谢🧡