You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’ve run into a rather odd problem that I can’t seem to sort out. I was trying to make a flower pattern with overlapping petals by duplicating an object, rotating it, and then using the power duplicate to generate the remainder of the petals. I have presented a simplified example below.  The problem is that the final petal (B in the example) is not properly ordered, i.e. I want petal B to be above A but below C to properly complete the pattern. I’ve tried putting B down one level, but then A is wrong. I’ve also tried moving layers in the layer stack, but to no avail. I suspect the problem may be that because it is circular, I have come back to the starting point (petal C) which is at the top of the layer stack while petal B is at the bottom of the layer stack. 

object order.jpg

I don’t think there is an easy way to do what I think you want to achieve, without manipulating the top-most layer.
This is because you always have to have one layer on top of all the others and there’s no way to ‘interleave’ that layer with what is below. (Otherwise you would have a ‘loop’ rather than a stack.)
However, in this particular case, you can get what you want by duplicating the bottom layer and then subtracting the duplicate from the top layer, see attached image.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 093609.png