You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

After a most unfortunate disc crash, i am trying te reinstall affinity photo. When I try to download the program from my account again, I receive a link to install an update instead of the original program. As the program is obviously missing, using this update leads to an fail message "invalid path".  How can obtain the program once again?

Grtz,

EHU

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

What OS do you run? I'm guessing that it's some flavor of MacOS, as Serif only provides partial updates for Mac, not Windows.

In that case, you could try downloading from https://affinity.store/update/macos/photo/1

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Well, let me surprise you with the fact that my PC is running on Windows 10. I got the original download straight from the Serif.com store in 2017, just as the subsequent updates and some add-ons (brushes and such). So, no Windows store or any other reseller involved.

Grtz,

EHU

Try this:
* Login to the Serif website;
* Open the hamburger menu (top right);
* Click on “My Account” (on the left);
* Click on “Downloads & product keys”;
* Scroll down to where you purchased your application and there should be a blue “Download” button;
* Press the “Download” button and install.

2 hours ago, EHU said:

Well, let me surprise you with the fact that my PC is running on Windows 10.

In that case, whatever you have downloaded from your account is a full install, not merely an update. And that should not be the source of your problem.

It sounds as though your Windows Registry is messed up, as it apparently has some information, somehow, about an install of your application that is not correct. You might try the Microsoft Uninstall Troubleshooter, as mentioned in the FAQ, to see if that helps:

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi Walt,

Thanks for putting me on the right track!

Off course, as the actual program disappeared form my computer, the references to it in my registry were still there. Should have known better😴. After running an uninstaller , alle remnants of the program were gone and reinstalling went just fine! Thanks again, much obliged!

@ GarryP: That's how tried it in the first place, but 'leftovers' in my registry let the installer to believe i needed a mere update. Fixed it. Thanks anyway!

Grtz,

EHU

Glad it worked, EHU.

-- Walt
PC: