You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when exporting with Include Bookmarks option

I think the problem was related of my ToC creating Anchors for all the Paragraphs in the Document, which might have been too many for Affinity Publisher to handle when exporting. I removed those Anchors and I can export now even with Bookmarks included.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Were you able to confirm this behavior? My current document iteration has the same problem (again).

I think it has to do that the headings are actually Fields referencing the current Section Name. This creates Bookmarks without a value, and APu crashed or can't export. Removing "h1" from the TOC or not using Fields works.

• Staff

Hi @johannesz,

Apologies again for the delay!

I agree with your conclusion, I'm actually not getting a crash here but it is failing to export with an error. When digging into the log the error is related to exporting an anchor with no name, and looking in the anchors panel I can see quite a few with no name

If you give these a name I would expect that to clear it up. I'll log the fact it errors and it's possible to create bookmarks without a value.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Thanks for confirming!

Yeah my headings were filled using Section Name references:

image.png.a3cf24c358203aab15228a7a0336b467.png

This created empty bookmarks. I think this would be a great feature to consider, to allow the ToC to create Bookmarks on Fields (the current value they have). Refreshing a ToC then also refresh the Bookmark's name based on the Fields value.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.