You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dust & Scratches Filter vs Zoom Level - Beta 1.9.0.852

The Dust & Scratch effect isn't always visible.

1. The image in the attached file opens (full screen) at 88.6% zoom.  It is very "noisy".
  2. Turning on the Dust & Scratches filter layer has no visual effect on the image.  If I export a jpeg at this point I see the filter has been applied.
  3. Click Ctrl+(minus) then Ctrl+(plus), the image is now at 100% zoom and the filter effect is visible.
  4. Select the zoom tool and slowly click-drag left and right.  As the zoom level changes the filter effect turns off and on.  For me, the zoom levels where this occurs are not closely repeatable, but the noise  seems to always correctly disappear from view below 50% and above 200%.

As a check, I see a similar issue with production 1.8.5.703

Windows 10 build 19041

Photo_Restoration_03_My.afphoto

On 11/26/2020 at 3:34 AM, Chris B said:

Hey Lem3,

With Live Filters, you want to be viewing them at 100% zoom. Anything less than that and you might not see their effect because the pxiel ratio is not 1:1.

Further testing indicates it's HOW I get to 100% (or whatever) zoom that controls whether the filter effect is shown. The attached file opens at 82.5% zoom on my 24" monitor, toggling the filter has no visible effect.  There are several options for changing to 100% zoom (close and reopen the file after each option):

• Open the Zoom tool, either change the "82.5" to "100", move the slider to 100 or use the drop down menu.  The filter effect is not displayed with any of these choices.
  • Click Ctrl+1.  The effect is not displayed.
  • Click Ctrl+=.  The effect is not displayed.
  • Hold Ctrl+Spacebar, drag slowly to the right until zoom is 100%.  The effect is not displayed.
  • Click Ctrl+(minus) then Ctrl+=, the effect is displayed.
  • Hold Ctrl+Spacebar, drag until effect suddenly becomes visible (around 115% on my system), reduce zoom to 100%, the effect remains displayed.

Is this actually working properly?

Photo_Restoration_03_AP190852BetaZoom.afphoto

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.