You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF Crashing

Hi.

All of a sudden....AF is crashing. I can open it just fine, but most of the time, once I load up a photo, the application will just vanish. Try again...same thing...try again and sometimes it will work as normal for a while, then crash again.

What is the procedure for either reinstalling it or correcting the problem? Anyone out there know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Adam

Hi Adam & Julie,

Something you might want to try is updating your system drivers, especially the graphics driver.

I was suffering application crashes and system resets recently after there had been a Windows feature update. Checking the drivers I found the onboard graphics driver was quite a few versions out of date. Being an Asus motherboard I checked their site and downloaded and installed the relevant up to date driver.

So far this seems to have cured the problem.

Hi Duoro. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked my drivers and they are up-to-date. I have a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. Affinity Publisher was working perfectly yesterday. I can load a file, make changes to it, but when I go to save it, it just closes. I've tried saving it with a different name and when I go to open the new file, I get a message that the file isn't supported by Affinity. (?) I have the latest version of Publisher. I created a new document, opened the document that I need to work on, and have been copy/pasting from one to the other, a little at a time and saving as I go. I can do about 3 saves before it closes down again. Strangest thing. I've never had an issue with AP until now. I hope to find a fix soon.

• Staff

Hi @Adam D'Agosto, @Julie478,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Does the crash happens when you try to save/load a particular file or it's happening with any file?
If it's a specific file do you mind attaching it so we can inspect it please? I can provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private.

I am so sorry. I forgot to update this post. For some reason, the next day it started working properly again. Not sure what the problem was. it might have been something on my computer conflicting with the program. Anyway, if it happens again, I will let you know.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi @Adam D'Agosto, @Julie478,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Does the crash happens when you try to save/load a particular file or it's happening with any file?
If it's a specific file do you mind attaching it so we can inspect it please? I can provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private.

I did notice this. It only crashes when I load a RAW file. If I load a jpeg, the program works normally.

Also, the Affinity team responded to a private message and asked me to clear the User Data by opening the application and holding the CTRL button at the same time. This did not work, the window asking to clear the data did not appear.

So this seems to be a RAW file problem, but still, IDK....

Thanks!

Adam