You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I downloaded Affinity Designer last week. When I started installing it the software said that the trial is only 10 days not 30. The 10 days are now over & I wasn't able to fully experience the software (that's beside Vector brush tool that I wasn't able to customize: see the link).  Soooo...... ??

To continue testing the product either purchase it directly from Serif's website, safe in the knowledge that you can return it for a full refund within 14 days

Or get "someone else 😉" in your household to download a new 10 day trial using a different email address so you can continue testing it for another 10 days

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 11/20/2020 at 5:23 PM, carl123 said:

download a new 10 day trial using a different email address

Was about to do so, but are really the trial only 10 days?! or is it 30 day but limited to 10 day to "specific countries"?

Also thinking about purchasing it but facing a problem when I'm just in the trial period is frustrating start 😓

The trial really is only ten days, counted consecutively from the first time you launch the app. If you can wait until after version 1.9 (currently in beta) is released to retail, the trial will be reset so that you and other prospective customers can try out the new features.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 11/22/2020 at 11:26 PM, Alfred said:

The trial really is only ten days, counted consecutively from the first time you launch the app. If you can wait until after version 1.9 (currently in beta) is released to retail, the trial will be reset so that you and other prospective customers can try out the new features.

Arent updates free from Serif?    If I buy the current version wouldn't I be able to update free of charge?

On 11/20/2020 at 5:23 PM, carl123 said:

To continue testing the product either purchase it directly from Serif's website, safe in the knowledge that you can return it for a full refund within 14 days

Or get "someone else 😉" in your household to download a new 10 day trial using a different email address so you can continue testing it for another 10 days

Did that with a different email & Didnt work !!

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Arent updates free from Serif?    If I buy the current version wouldn't I be able to update free of charge?

That's correct, all version 1.x updates are included free of charge when you purchase an Affinity license. So if you bought the app today you would install version 1.8.5, then when 1.9 is released, you will be updated to this for free.

6 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Did that with a different email & Didnt work !!

Unfortunately this isn't how our trial system works, trials are limited to 10 days per computer and this cannot be 'reset' with a new email address. I hope this clears things up.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

15 minutes ago, Starfire said:

I was referring specifically to the free trial. I wasn’t referring to updates for the purchased product.

The point I was making is that although the current trial cannot be reset, the trial for the next version will be completely separate and will therefore give non-purchasing users another ten days for free.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
18 minutes ago, Alfred said:

...the trial for the next version will be completely separate and will therefore give non-purchasing users another ten days for free.

That is not how the trial always works. We reset the trial, so it can be used by those who have already tried it in the past, when we decide to, so it is not automatically going to happen for 1.9.0 and again for 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 etc. We may well reset the trial for 1.9.0 as has been done a few times in the past, but it may not be reset till say 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 or perhaps not for 1.9.x at all. It is a business decision based on sufficient major new features not a programmatical based on release numbers. Any trial for version 2.0 will work for all users (I think it is bound to be reset) but we do not guarantee anyone can retry the trial earlier than that, to allow users to try the software again.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon