You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expand Stroke across all separately grouped objects?

I notice that I can't expand the stroke (create a shape from the outline) of different groups of objects, even when all selected.
I have over 100 groups of items and need them all to be grouped again after the Expand function has completed.
doing it manually would take an age.  Any ideas folks? 

Web Dev/Designer mostly in the non-profit sector & maker community - Moved from Adobe in 2020 to all Affinity Publisher, Photo & Designer (+Beta)
On the whole enjoying Affinity SW - Plugging Gaps with:  Inkscape - GIMP - Image Vectorizer - Davinci Resolve 
Hardware:  Intel Mac (Catalina)  /  Sony Cam  /  GWEIKE Laser 

7 minutes ago, Wood said:

I notice that I can't expand the stroke (create a shape from the outline) of different groups of objects, even when all selected.
I have over 100 groups of items and need them all to be grouped again after the Expand function has completed.
doing it manually would take an age.  Any ideas folks? 

Hi @Wood,

what works for me is to use the new 'Select Object' in the latest beta version. It offers e.g. 'Select Stroked Objects and this does exactly this. Expand stroke then works on all objects at once.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Excellent - Installing latest Beta version now🙂 Will let you know 🙂

And Thanks!

Web Dev/Designer mostly in the non-profit sector & maker community - Moved from Adobe in 2020 to all Affinity Publisher, Photo & Designer (+Beta)
On the whole enjoying Affinity SW - Plugging Gaps with:  Inkscape - GIMP - Image Vectorizer - Davinci Resolve 

Thanks @dominik - Those select options are great 🙂 Did the trick nicely