You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with fonts: no glyphs shown, missing glyphs in PDF export

jakamaschi

I have problems with a set of fonts (Linotype Agfa Sans Serif) with Publisher 1.8.6 running on Catalina (10.15.7). The OS X info panel marked them as 'Postscript Type 1 Konturschrift' (Kontur german for outline)

The Glyph panel doesn't show any glyph, Publisher itself show all glyphs in the text frame, but certain glyphs (for example '½') are not exported into PDFs (white space), while the common glyphs A, a, even Umlaut a etc. are exported. When i opened the font panel under Document, the font is listed and marked as OK.

I checked the fonts with the font tool of OS X: all glyphs are shown, checking the font gives no warning, every topic is green (ok). When using Pages all glyphs are exported into PDF. Therefore i'm sure that the fonts itself are not corrupted.

I attached the PDF output of a test and the corresponding screenshot of Publisher.

with regards

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-20 um 07.06.jpg

font_test.pdf