You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Your Affinity 2021 wishlist

• Staff
4 minutes ago, AITCH said:

Take care everyone during all this lockdown craziness

🤗 you too

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just going to boil down 3 things for Designer and Photo respectively to make it simple.

Photo:

1) Improved brush management with Windows specific bugs getting fixed that don't exist on Mac.

2) Improve colour picking and allowing the Colour Picker Tool to change the settings for the alt version when using various brush tools.

3) The ability to change cache data directory (technically for all Affinity programs, but it's still a very high priority feature for me).

Designer:

1) A raster to vector converter.

2) A shape builder tool with Divide booleans finally fixed.

3) The ability to create embedded documents directly from the Layer panel like Photoshop can with smart objects (for all three programs).

Take care! :)

Well I use DaVinci Resolve too and some tools from it would be nice in Photo.

1) Better colour tools.

2) Better sharpening and local contrast tools. How to sharpening shadows, midtones and highlights.

3) Better Detech Edge-tool. No you have only option do set horizontal or vertical or both. It need more time when you like to make edge line stronger or choose one colour to edges.

4) Diffuse Glow, that you can choose color in that glow.  And Vignette, there would other option than black.

5) Can we see some automation mask-tool in sky or people in photos?

6. More filters. Like watercolour, oil painting

Publisher/Designer:

7. Charts/Graphs tool would be nice.

No1 on my wishlist for 2014 was and still is 6 years on vector distortion/warping - Really rally made up that we now have 'SELECT SAME' which was my No2 from 2014 -  image trace was number three if I remember right but there are plenty of standalone solutions that have this covered 'Image Vectorizer and Vectorize' are my goto - also a preference to have tick boxes ticked for strokes and FX - for 2021 it's still vector distortion/warping - plenty of other niggles but vector distortion/warping would be ACE

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

6 minutes ago, Dazmondo77 said:

No1 on my wishlist for 2014 was and still is 6 years on vector distortion/warping - Really rally made up that we now have 'SELECT SAME' which was my No2 from 2014 -  image trace was number three if I remember right but there are plenty of standalone solutions that have this covered 'Image Vectorizer and Vectorize' are my goto - also a preference to have tick boxes ticked for strokes and FX - for 2021 it's still vector distortion/warping - plenty of other niggles but vector distortion/warping would be ACE

"image trace was number three if I remember right but there are plenty of standalone solutions"
I know mate, I can already do it in Illustrator and Corel but would it be would be just so much quicker to stop farting about opening these up all the time to do the process

19 hours ago, AITCH said:

For Affinity Designer to have the ability to trace images, my suite would be perfect then!

I was going to suggest auto colour in Affinity Photo  but it's always better done manually

Take care everyone during all this lockdown craziness

Plenty of requests / wishes to be found in this forum 🙂

Take care

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Currently requested by customers:

Forum search: Feature requests

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Publisher seems to be the star, with regards to receiving dev time. Very well done for what the devs have achieved so far

My main needs for publisher are double + page spreads, printable & PDF-able Slug area, easier spot colour handling/export, separation preview (including spots, overprint, knockout)  & macros

Designer is really desperate for love - Select same is the biggest addition in years - ACE - still a lot of work to be done - even though I have a 'top moan' about missing basics, I still remain optimistic.

Photo - really need puppet warp or just some improvements to Deform to allow for isolating say limbs and construct joint nodes that are rotatable.

I'd love to see all receive the expanded ability to Isolate groups (alt - click layer) and be able to work exclusively on anything within that group - then click outside the group to exit isolation

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

www.bingercreative.co.uk

1 minute ago, Johannes said:

Free me from Adobe!

My most critical output is PDF files for print production. It is of utmost importance to make sure these files are perfect because a lot of money depends on that. These files go to printing companies and if something goes wrong there because of my file, I have to pay for the production twice. Right now I do that with Adobe Acrobat Pro. I check  for example If color separation, overprinting, spot colors, color spaces, transparencies, vector elements (not rasterized), pdf standards and more are as intended.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

18 hours ago, Johannes said:

My most critical output is PDF files for print production. It is of utmost importance to make sure these files are perfect because a lot of money depends on that. These files go to printing companies and if something goes wrong there because of my file, I have to pay for the production twice. Right now I do that with Adobe Acrobat Pro. I check  for example If color separation, overprinting, spot colors, color spaces, transparencies, vector elements (not rasterized), pdf standards and more are as intended.

I recommend you look here: 

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

18 hours ago, Johannes said:

I may be only dreaming but, wouldn't it be amazing if there was a Pre-press persona in publisher that had all the current - save as package and preflight features moved over, and also a fully featured output pane giving you control over seps, spots, screen angles, trapping overprint and knockout and maybe even a paginatior with intelligent creep (type in your stock thickness) Yes I know this is stuff most print service providers will sort in RIP, its just having the option for that extra bit of control and piece of mind.

Also would need a PDF/X output viewer with full seps preview and also be able to generate the pdf and automatically open it and check PDF/x compliance - and let you view the seps - maybe there's a way of adding proof check features so when PDF's are viewed in the freely downloadable + web based check Affinity PDF viewer (which you send links to all your clients), there would be a three stage proof process so you client ticks a box (to sign off for print) the the design house ticks a box, then the print service tick a box which flags once its been successfully ripped as is in the print queue ---------

Sorry just had this really odd dream - I'm off for some readybrek

Daz1.png

www.bingercreative.co.uk

If possible please make some like Aperture, I mis that greatly. Tried others and wil not use Adobe Light Room. Others do not have the futures like Aperture did.

Not all the (paint)tools but for ordering and tagging(keywords) my images also with a GPS module.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it is a good idea if Affinity creates a poll for all 3 products where users can add the features they like the most. After that Affinity can add first 5 or 10 most wanted features in the new version.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

1 hour ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Maybe it is a good idea if Affinity creates a poll for all 3 products where users can add the features they like the most. After that Affinity can add first 5 or 10 most wanted features in the new version.

I don’t think Serif have changed their attitude to the idea of customers voting for new features.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 11/26/2020 at 4:25 AM, tallrob said:

DAM, or something that looks like it. I switched from Aperture to C1 and I'm regretting it, but like everyone else here (I assume) I won't do Adobe. Affinity asset management is a must.

I second this. I was about to post my own wishlist request for a digital asset management tool, but then I found your post. Creation of a DAM that integrates with the Affinity Suite would be amazing. I use ACDSee today but I would rather be able to use an Affinity product that would let me right click on a number of phots or aphoto files and batch render them out from a DAM. Along with having a DAM, it would be great if Affinity Photo would support non-destructive sidecar RAW editing so one file could get a sidecar RAW edit and then apply that treatment to a set of imagine within an affinity DAM. (I have attached a couple fun mock-ups!)

Affinity-Catalog.png

Affinity-Photo-Catalog-Panel.png

Everything here at 

• Tl;dr is a standard cursor suite and the ability to completely switch off the brush outline
  • Changing brush size to not visually deselect the active brush (i.e. currently no idea which brush is active once you amend size)

I genuinely feel the addition of these three elements would be a game changer for anyone who wants to use AD/AP for natural media art. 

Thank you

Peter

• 9 months later...