You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to download the very first AD version?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

If you purchased it from the Mac App Store there’s no way to download an older version. Even the Affinity Store only offers downloads of version 1.6.5 or later.

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I'm not sure if I downloaded from the Mac App Store or not. I was already using DP8 at the time Serif first announced AD. Is it possible that I purchased direct from Serif?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Pull down the Affinity Designer menu and see if it says "Check for Updates". If it does, then as I understand it you bought it from the Affinity Store. If it doesn't, then you bought it from the Apple App Store.

Designer, bought from the Apple App Store:

1165121825_Screenshot2020-11-19at15_52_20.png.b9cc060adb60e01f785c14d01b62d01b.png

Publisher, bought from the Affinity Store:

16350623_Screenshot2020-11-19at15_54_53.png.bc385441754b9a54a95711bd49530dd3.png

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

44 minutes ago, jackamus said:

I'm not sure if I downloaded from the Mac App Store or not. I was already using DP8 at the time Serif first announced AD. Is it possible that I purchased direct from Serif?

When it was first announced it was only available from the MAS. If you don’t have a product key for it then it isn’t the Affinity Store version.

<pedantry> DP8 pre-dates the Affinity Suite by more than a decade. The last version of DrawPlus was DPX8. </pedantry>

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

How do I locate my product key if I have one?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

4 minutes ago, jackamus said:

How do I locate my product key if I have one?

If you have one, then you must have purchased directly from Serif, and it will be available when you login to the Affinity Store at https://affinity.store/account/downloads

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

LOL! The problem with that is I would have used an email address that I don't use anymore. Is there a way to access my account from using any of my personal details?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

I have just downloaded the latest version of AD from a link in one of the above replies. I have been asked to either for a product key or have it on a 10 day trial. What do I do about this?

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

LOL! The problem with that is I would have used an email address that I don't use anymore. Is there a way to access my account from using any of my personal details?

The email address you used for the purchase doesn't have to be one that's active. Nor does the email address that you used to setup your Affinity Store account, as long as you know the password you registered with. It's just an identifier, and the password is the proof.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

I have just downloaded the latest version of AD from a link in one of the above replies. I have been asked to either for a product key or have it on a 10 day trial. What do I do about this?

You can only use those versions if you purchased from Serif directly. And if you did that you have an account at https://affinity.store and you can login to https://affinity.store/account/downloads as I mentioned before.

You should have an account there, as even if you purchased the application from the MAS, you probably downloaded some of the free content from the Affinity Store, and you would have created an account to do that. Look in your account there. If you do not find an entry showing that you purchased Designer, then you do not have a product key, and all you can do is use the 10-day trial or purchase it. Or download from the MAS, which must be where you purchased it before.

Edit: And, if you purchased from the MAS, you cannot download a prior version. You would have to depend on the system backups that you should be making, and restore the prior version from one of your backups.

-- Walt
PC:

You may be able to use the Keychain Access utility on MacOS to check the details of your Serif accounts (including your forum login and Store account), and to display your original password. Launch the utility and search for Serif.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff
9 hours ago, jackamus said:

If you can drop me a Private Message with any of the email addresses you would of used, i can do a check on our database to see if you purchased direct from us.  The other option would be to try what @h_d posted, if you don't have Check For Updates on the Affinity Designer menu, then you purchased Designer from the Mac App Store, so wouldn't have a product key.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

jackamus: Just out of interest, for what reason do you want to download the very first release of Designer?

I thought somebody might ask this question!

I want to checka feature that I believe the original version had but no longer available in new versions.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

1 hour ago, h_d said:

You may be able to use the Keychain Access utility on MacOS to check the details of your Serif accounts (including your forum login and Store account), and to display your original password. Launch the utility and search for Serif.

I did as you suggested and there is nothing under Serif.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0