You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HEIC layer resize unresponsive

I'm importing a HEIC image into an existing layered document of jpegs, but for some reason the HEIC layer won't resize from the 'resize dialogue box'. I can resize it with the handles, but that's not practical when I usually simply add a %

Is there something I'm missing? Some sort of conflict between JPEG & HEIC layers? It will resize ok before I drag it into the document, but once it's IN the layered document nothing happens from the dialogue box.  Thanks

18 minutes ago, *mark said:

I'm importing a HEIC image into an existing layered document of jpegs, but for some reason the HEIC layer won't resize from the 'resize dialogue box'. I can resize it with the handles, but that's not practical when I usually simply add a %

Do you mean the Transform Panel, or the Resize Document dialog. The former should work  the latter will resize the entire document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I'm resizing the layer - so the 'transform panel'? which is unresponsive with the heic image layer 

I regularly drag  jpegs into the same template I use, and haven't had a problem 🙂 (as there was also no problem resizing the heic before dragging into the template)

Do you mean this dialog box:

451098481_Screenshot2020-11-19at14_57_10.png.27c6ba6fb7bba1d69d7ef80b79d696c9.png

If so, it's only available if you select an Image layer (above is a HEIC I placed earlier). If the layer has been rasterised to a Pixel layer, this scaling option won't be available.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Thanks MEB, that makes sense - except I don't have any other dialogue box come up, and could only find those 2 resize options in the menus - so I've probably been fudging it...

When I click on the layer with the move tool, it shows the move handles but there's no sizing info - is there a short cut - or have I somehow hidden the box? 

Thanks MEB.. Found it... Hidden under the layers palette, (although I'm working in normal view so can't rearrange the palettes) and can't see the transition panel unless I close the layers panel and vice versa... but I can work that out somehow, or work in separated mode. Cheers