You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher | effective work with Image

hi, sorry i don't understand since the first beta how you planned to handle images (cropping, scaling, picture frames etc.). I would never be able to work effectively this way, or do I just get something wrong? It reminds me so much of PowerPoint and it frustrates me.
Just a video compare to Indesign in the (quick test) working process with Publisher. Please do it like quark or indesign for the pro's 😬

Standart Indesign handle with Image, then Publisher complicated handle with image (sorry, something went wrong with the videos, can't delete the empty one, see the last two):

The difference seems to be that InDesign places images in a way that is basically equivalent to Publisher's placing them inside of picture frames. Normally, just dragging a picture in Publisher will not put it inside a picture frame, but you can create a picture frame first and then insert an image into it.

Personally, I have never liked the way InDesign handles images, so I much prefer Publisher in this regard. Perhaps a simple preference checkbox to create a picture frame when placing images is all that it takes to provide for both preferences.

first of all, why doesn't an image get loaded into an ImageBox right away? that's about 98% of the cases that you choose a cutout for a layout that fits into the grid (the one with the checkbox would be very good as a minimum, though).

Then, why don't I see the bounding box when I resize the image content (looks like the position suddenly changes if the cutout is smaller than the image box - or did I miss something). 

Why don't I see the cropped parts of the image semi-transparently when I scale the image inside the box. At least that would be an improvement, regardless of which program you find better in image handling.

ohhohhh and an absolute no go is the proportional change of an image when you drag a middle point. Non-proportional scaling on the outer box should only be possible with an additional key, default should always be proportional scaling.