You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clone tool bug (picks up something outside doc area)

It seem the clone tool also picks up something from outside the document area.

I discovered that when I accidentally move the mouse outside.

A somewhat laggy demo screen recording:

This however, could be pasted into post. I ALT-clicked outside to the left and painted towards and over the document area.

image.thumb.png.6f68ba4774370693bbe9b5bc6af1b5ac.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• Staff

Hi Jowday,
Is that blue coming from a Fill Layer and is the background of your document non-transparent (white)? Cloning from outside the canvas would paint with black in the built-in mask of the Fill Layer leaving the background color of the canvas visible (white). Can you confirm that's the layer construct you have please?

15 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Jowday,
Is that blue coming from a Fill Layer and is the background of your document non-transparent (white)? Cloning from outside the canvas would paint with black in the built-in mask of the Fill Layer leaving the background color of the canvas visible (white). Can you confirm that's the layer construct you have please?

Hi MEB

Yes, that is the layer construct. I wouldn't expect it to behave this way though. Shouldn't the area outside the canvas be ... empty and thus not play any role? 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.