You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

A friend asked me to add a Bigfoot and Santa hat to her photo.  It was a fun project.  What I found was that by the time I got the three layers in place trying to fine tune each layer just right the program stalled out on me.  I would click on the Bigfoot layer to adjust it (like adding snow flakes) and it would stop and would not let me continue.  It would be in thinking mode for a very long time.  I finally just saved it as it was.  I brought it back as an unedited photo and added my last few edits.  It made it a very low data file of course, but because it was just for small prints on cards I was willing to let it go.  Why couldn't I add the details I needed?  Is it my computer,  iMac 10.15.5?

Thank you!

Janelle

Buxton Christx bigfoot winner.jpg

• Staff

Hi @EditingFun101,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Could you possibly try recreating this issue in Affinity, then provide a screen recording of the issue you're having?

There certainly isn't a limit to layers you can add to an image and this isn't behaviour I've heard happen previously.

Does this happen in any document, or only this specific image?

Do you have many other apps running on your Mac at the same time?

What are your Mac specs? (a screenshot of 'About this Mac' would be great)

What version of Affinity is running?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!