You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Mr. "Gabe"

"Thanks" for "patronizing" (?) me regarding my posting, where I reported that even the most recent Beta still does not properly recognize Image-Orientation.
(While a 7 year old Operating System - Windows 8.1 - has no issues with that rocket-science - task...)

"Thanks" for closing my posting to further replies.

I am considering an answer similar to yours:
Please don´t close postings to stop discussions. Instead, fix the bugs that are unsolved since at least one year!

Thanks.

Your post was closed because it is a duplicate of an earlier post you made.  @Gabe simply, and entirely reasonably, asked that if you wished to raise the issue again you make a further post to your original thread.  In that way, ALL discussion of the specific problem is kept "in one place".

In my opinion, that is in no way "patronising".

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@emmrecs01

An acceptable answer would have been:

Hi Fritz,
Thanks for the reminder.
We are sorry, that this bug still is not fixed - I will forward your input to the development-team.

But as it seems, Serif-Development is struggling again:
- shipping Betas with crash-errors at basic-basic-functions (Crop).
- failed to provide a new beta on the next day with (just) the crop-crash fixed . (Did they really expect people to evaluate a beta with such a basic feature missing??)
- still having issues to provide proper hardware-acceleration. (technology not invented just yesterday).
- I pointed out an issue with White-balance in the first 1.9-beta - the Serif-answer was VERY hesistant to confirm that issue.
- still no way to import images from scanners (on Windows) - perhaps the developers from the freeware "paint.net" may help?
- lots of usability-flaws not fixed
- etc.

Please don't complain about the stability of the beta builds. They are meant for testing, and you should expect bugs. I'll paste the top paragraph that I put into every new beta forum post:

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

I've commented on Scanner support previously in other threads. Your scanner manufacturer will provide software to import your scans, then you can just import those images / documents. 

Hello Fritz_H,
a misunderstanding can sadly happen when the thread title does not exactly correspond with what the topic is about.
If you had written Smartphone images from Samsung are imported incorrectly as a thread title, many others could have added to your findings.Thank you for reporting it, its affecting more smartphone models from Samsung besides your Galaxy 31.

Bug reporting is complicated, we all want to keep human errors as minimal as possible and that can only happen with clear reports.
Think of developers like Dschinns 😉, try to be as exact as you can when reporting bugs and write minimal steps to reproduce the errors.

Edit;
The initial topic of yours back in 2019 was about images from cameras.
The newer topic is about Smartphone images.
It might be the same bug (Image rotation fails with recognition of flags ) from the standpoint of a developer, but from a consumer viewpoint, the source of error seems to stem from different devices which would in my opinion deserve a unique posting.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

10 hours ago, Fritz_H said:

Well, not referring to the main topic?
I will take this as an answer, Thanks.

I'll be direct - please don't make duplicate posts, as it makes our job much harder 🙂

If something hasn't been fixed, and you have already reported it in another thread, please post in the original thread, then we can see all of it's history and discussion without having to search around for similar posts.

15 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

If something hasn't been fixed ...

I might think your way of bug tracking is somewhat not too effective. In August 2019 you were aware of this bug and in the meantime the information about this got lost or was forgotten? And you have to be reminded again in the SAME post it was originally written? I admire all the busy forum users writing thousands of posts and remembering when they wrote something. ;)

Not complaining here, you run your business and this bug is not top priority for me (I got used to it over the time).

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Just now, Joachim_L said:

I might think your way of bug tracking is somewhat not too effective. In August 2019 you were aware of this bug and in the meantime the information about this got lost or was forgotten? And you have to be reminded again in the SAME post it was originally written? I admire all the busy forum users writing thousands of posts and remembering when they wrote something. ;)

Not complaining here, you run your business and this bug is not top priority for me (I got used to it over the time).

The forum is not our bug tracking system, we have our own internal system. We haven't lost the information, I was just asking that discussion around a bug be kept in one place. We have links from our internal bug reports to forum posts, so if everyone makes a new post on the forum every few months, we get huge lists of forum links that we have to go through to read all the information. 

1 minute ago, haakoo said:

If the issue/subject is that important you should follow it.

a) How should I judge the importance? Important for me or for everyone? b) Let us assume 10% of my posts were bug reports, means I have to follow right now 276 posts.

Following 276 bug reports do not make it easier to keep the oversight. No complaint from my side, but it is the nature of the beast reporting bugs here in the forums and what happens to their handling is not transparent. From time to time I post a bug at bugs.documentfoundation.org. There I can monitor what happens (or not :( ) to those bug reports.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.