You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data Merge GENERATE Created Blank Page

Hello Affinity Forum,

I recently purchased Publisher (already have Photo & Designer) having read about the Beta release that includes Data Merge capabilities.

I'm using Beta version 1.9.0.850.

So, I decided to give it a try and designed a quick 4 page document with 3 sections (Front, Body, Rear) that had Master Pages applied to each section accordingly.

When I connect to the Data Source, which only has a single record, and inserted the data fields everything looked fine.

If I then begin the Merge process with the first (and only record in the data source) I can see a preview of the data merged which is currently limited to just the cover page (only page with fields) and looks as it should.

However, if I then "Generate" the merged output I get a new document where the Master Pages are not applied correctly and none of the data is merged.  It seems to immediately lose the connection with the original data source which is an Excel XLSM sheet and misapply the Master Pages.

Is there a workaround or is this functionality currently broken as I'm attempting to complete a project with it.

Happy to provide any source files.

Here is everything setup and looking like it should:

affinity_publisher_merge_ready.thumb.png.671239064ca8be56d4e05bf31c10ac0d.png

Here is the result of the Data Merge "Generate":

affinity_publisher_merge_generated.thumb.png.fdd82450a62ddcf203b40172440362e7.png

Edited by nisiwi

• Staff

Thanks for the files, I've passed this on to development.

There's an issue merging out some facing page documents that we are aware of, which I think covers a bit of what we see after the merge

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.