You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[DUPLICATE] Transparency flattening issues again

Hello,

I've posted that before, but in the current beta version the bug is still there and apparently got worse.

If you assign a black drop shadow to elements (50% opacity, 100% K, darken) and then create a PDF X1a with the standard settings, then the last shadow is left out instead of added. You can see this in the separation preview in Adobe Acrobat.

I have marked this with blue circles in the screenshot. On the left I used Outer Shadow. For comparison, I used Outer Glow on the right and the problem doesn't seem to exist here. Is this behavior really expected?

What I then tried was to create a PDF X4 with the standard settings. Here all shadows in the separation preview are left out. Is that intended?

Can anyone else reproduce this bug or am I the only one who has this happening?

shadow-x4-flattening.jpg

shadow-x1a-flattening.jpg

flattening.afpub flattening-x4.pdf flattening-x1a.pdf

• Staff

Hi @PeterB.,

19 hours ago, PeterB. said:

I've posted that before, but in the current beta version the bug is still there and apparently got worse.

I can't see any difference between 1.8.6 and 1.9.0.540. 

Regardless, please don't create a duplicate post just to say it's also happening in version x. Instead, use your initial thread when you want to give an update on an issue our check its progress.