You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paint brush "not visible"

Hello,

Seems I have a "problem" with my paint brush:

First, I am living in Germany and have a german keyboard, although I use Affinity in english.

I therefore have (up to now) the keyboard shortcut :

Alt (=Ctrl)-9 to increase the size of the brush and

Alt (=Ctrl)-8 to decrease the size ot the same brush. fine!

Newly (is it after a new version was installed(?), or is it because I recently changed the mouse (?) the cat had swallowed the old one!) I dont know),

although the feature is working ok, (the size of the brush changes up and down) , the result of the change becomes only visible when I release the maus.

This means I cannot see the size of the brush growing or shrinking while hitting the 8 or the 9 as it worked before... I am not amused!

Has anybody out-there an idea of what I am missing or should do?

Bernard

• Staff

We have had a user with a similar issue using a Mac can you please send me a screen recording of you reproducing this issue with the On screen keyboard visible and please also let me know the OS that you are using so that I can log this

Eeerr! thanks for your reply....

Actually, and after checking, the brush size is increasing/decreasing (while staying visible) allright when I am using the paint tool,

but does not when using the clone tool (??). Unfortunately I have not been able to find both options under the short cut tab within the

preferences to check the settings (too many options to look after!)

The settings I use on my keyboard  for increasing/decreasing the paint brush is Alt(on the right) + (

(this sign is situated above the 8 on my german keyboard) to decrease

and Alt (on the right) + )

(this sign is situated above the 9 on my german keyboard) to increase the size.

I dont have (or see, anyway) a possibility to increase/decrease the feather value at the same time as I see it possible in a number of videos...

I work on windows10, 64bits, Home version 0919

I further must disapoint you: I dont know how to have the keybord apearing on my screen (!)

I am using the 3 Affinity programs mainly for photos and have fun with them...

Rgds

Bernard