You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.852

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

I've used DDU a few weeks ago, as I had 2 NVIDIA GPUs that wouldn't work at the same time as each other. Following that I was able to re-install the latest driver and get them working together.

Right. For some reason, the option in the Nvidia installer to do a clean install doesn't do a great job. I trust DDU better.

Piero Desopo

Direction, Design <http://phoenixart.com>

Photography <http://www.pierodesopo.com>

6 hours ago, phoenixart said:

I then rolled back to older drivers, trying them one at a time. To my surprise, the drivers released before September worked just fine and now I don't have any issue anymore.

Hi, You are right that reverting to the older drivers works fine but Affinity are saying that they cannot reproduce the problem on any of their internal PCs and it is also affecting the production version. I also believe that Capture One is a "red herring" as they have always worked side-by-side until after 442/456 versions of the driver and there are other indicators that the application is affected either by NVIDIA drivers itself or is crashing the NVIDIA drivers:

1 - One such indicator is that using the GTX 1050 as the renderer and opening 4 RAW images results in AP reporting 2 documents being opened whereas, on the same PC and on the same display, using the Intel HD630 as the renderer AP reports 4 documents being opened.

2 - Turning off OpenCL compute acceleration reports 3 documents being opened.

3 - Then drag AP onto the internal display, which is driven by the HD630, results in only 1 document reported as being opened when 4 are selected.

And this is the same for both production and beta, obviously I don't have a problem because I can use OpenCL Compute Acceleration and the HD630 as the renderer even though it reports 3 documents being opened. The only issue is screen flicker with that many documents opened but I can use all Personas, Panorama, HDR Stacking etc. albeit a little slower

(NOTE: the driver for the internal display is the HD630 and the GTX1050 for the external display)

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

14 hours ago, Thoraldus said:

Sorry. After a bit more investigation I've found that Resize Document by percentage IS available, just not in the form I was used to.  

The key was looking up "Expressions for field input" ;-)

By the way, finding out about  "Expressions for field input" was not very straightforward. While I had the Resize Document input field open there was no context sensitive help to tell me what inputs I could use. Opening the Affinity Photo Help and searching for Resize Document also did not provide information on how to use Expressions. In fact, I had to search the internet to find out how to use the program. This is not ideal.  Those of you who have been using the Affinity products for some time have already learned the esoterica of the program interface. New users like myself look to the UI interface to provide that insight.  As a retired Software Quality Assurance Engineer, I'd have to give Affinity a 'D' or at best a 'C-' on the help system. In the instant example, I'm not sure how a user could find out about "Expressions for field input" without knowing the term in advance. ;-)