You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.852

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed Develop Persona Overlay Paint Brush not accumulating
  • Improved colours in EOS R5 CR3 files
  • Changed Adjustments panel LUT category to be displayed in list mode
  • Fixed Adjustments panel right click not showing cell selection highlight
  • Improvements to Affinity store registration and download
  • Fixed crash when quitting the app from the Enter Product Key dialog 
  • Add auto-updating linked resources
  • Opening a template from File>Open or Drag and drop will now open it as untitled
  • Fixed Filter Effect dialog to enable the use of Global Colours
  • Fixed crash during raster brushing with hardware acceleration enabled
  • Fixed crash when starting a document with hardware acceleration enabled, but with unsupported GPU
  • Fixed New Document Dialog to prevent multiple selections in Presets

1.9.0.834 release notes

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for a beautiful product.

Just about to purchase a i7 16Gb with NVIDIA GTX1660 Super. I'm getting a bit worried now.

Will I get into trouble with hardware acceleration? Is there anyone who can give me some advice?

Thank you very much for your help.

Peter

34 minutes ago, PetervL said:

Hi Folks,

Thank you all for a beautiful product.

Just about to purchase a i7 16Gb with NVIDIA GTX1660 Super. I'm getting a bit worried now.

Will I get into trouble with hardware acceleration? Is there anyone who can give me some advice?

Thank you very much for your help.

Peter

There are no problems at 1660 super. Perhaps you should look at the AMD processor, they seem to be more interesting for the price.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

• Staff

@Thoraldus

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

What would you like to resize by percent please? There is probably already a way to do it for most things

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Fritz_H

For those 3 examples, type 50% in any of the width fields (while using any units). This works for me

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

I did not claim it was perfect I said there was a way to do it for most things

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Beautiful build but one thing I've noticed that it making use of enormous resources compared to release you shipped before this, which is something a bit frustrative.
But I love your works and wait for another one to come so I can compare.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 11/23/2020 at 4:56 AM, Fritz_H said:

Sorry, I am tired of explaining USABILITY to Serif...

While it isn't intitive, it is VERY usable.  I had no idea that function existed and it is as efficient as I could imagine.

Once you know the function it is as easy as can be.  

On 11/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Patrick Connor said:

@Thoraldus

What would you like to resize by percent please? There is probably already a way to do it for most things

Sorry. After a bit more investigation I've found that Resize Document by percentage IS available, just not in the form I was used to.  

The key was looking up "Expressions for field input" ;-)

Edited by Thoraldus

@Mark Ingram Hi Mark, I know this is an ongoing issue where suggested causes are both NVIDIA and Capture One, but how is it I can open and process a single RAW image but not multiple RAW images at the same time whilst using these settings? On a single image I can use Develop, Liquify and Tone Map Personas but working with more than one image still causes a Stack overflow in nvwgf2umx.dll :

image.png.bcc12e4a989317f72279ffd1f7e204dd.png

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• Staff

@PhotoSuprgeon20

8 hours ago, PhotoSuprgeon20 said:

I am not sure if that happens to anyone else, but I am unable to customize my toolbar. Whenever I open the Customize Toolbar option and try to drag a tool into the space to delete it, nothing happens. ANy help, please? Thank you.

Is this a problem that happens in this current Photo beta version 1.9.0.852 or is this a problem with the release build. If it is problem with the release build please post in the Questions forum, if it's specific to the beta can you please make a new thread in this beta forum, as the beta thread is not the ideal place for assistance  

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@PhotoSuprgeon20

Is this a problem that happens in this current Photo beta version 1.9.0.852 or is this a problem with the release build. If it is problem with the release build please post in the Questions forum, if it's specific to the beta can you please make a new thread in this beta forum, as the beta thread is not the ideal place for assistance  

Well, it's embarrassing, but I did the wrong thing. I chose the "customize toolbar" option to customize the tools, not the toolbar. I only discovered it after I posted the above. I thought it was a bug with the current beta (1.9.0.852). My apologies.

14 hours ago, AiDon said:

@Mark Ingram Hi Mark, I know this is an ongoing issue where suggested causes are both NVIDIA and Capture One, but how is it I can open and process a single RAW image but not multiple RAW images at the same time whilst using these settings? On a single image I can use Develop, Liquify and Tone Map Personas but working with more than one image still causes a Stack overflow in nvwgf2umx.dll :

Unfortunately I don't know - that crash location is the NVIDIA driver, as previously mentioned, so only they can say why it is crashing. I have reported the issue to them (and shared a crash dump, to which they have confirmed the stack overflow in their driver), but as we can't reproduce it here internally, they won't investigate further. 

My only suggestions are:

1) Report the bug to Capture One

2) Report the bug to NVIDIA

As frustrating as this is, at this point, there is nothing else we can do.

14 hours ago, AiDon said:

image.png.bcc12e4a989317f72279ffd1f7e204dd.png

@AiDon Are you using the newest drivers? The reason I'm asking is that I've experienced several BSOD due to a Nvidia dll file. I asked on Nvidia forums, and Microsoft too to no avail. 
I then rolled back to older drivers, trying them one at a time. To my surprise, the drivers released before September worked just fine and now I don't have any issue anymore.
For the the record, my crashes weren't related to the use of Affinity products, it was more severe as they were happening even while I was simply browsing or reading emails. And my configuration is with two 1080ti but if this is a driver issue (and it seems so) I think it doesn't matter.

Long story short: my advice is to try one of the older driver if you haven't already. If you're incline to do so, my other advice is to use a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller.
You need to be in Safe Mode. Follow these steps:

1. Close all the running programs. Press the key Win + S and type msconfig
  2. Under the Boot tab, select Safe Boot
  3. Restart your PC
  4. Windows will enter in Safe Mode
  5. Launch DDD and apply the settings shown below.
  6. Now you can uninstall the display driver.
  7. Before restarting the PC re-open msconfig and uncheck Safe Boot
  8. Once you're logged back in, install the new driver. The one that's working for me is 456.38
  9. Restart the PC

Maybe you tried all this already, but in case you haven't, give it a shot.

These are the settings I'm using:

image.png.f36ddf213146358c6b7c885511d1e1a1.png

Piero Desopo

Direction, Design <http://phoenixart.com>

Photography <http://www.pierodesopo.com>